The Local Music Front

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Oct 13, 2011.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm going to list upcoming acts ( that are relevant ) in the Knoxville area.

B.B. King will be at the Tennessee Theatre on Friday, may be your last chance to see the legend, his age and health won't allow him to be around too much longer. There are no more tickets available on StubHub

Loretta Lynn will also be at the Tennessee Theatre on November 3rd. Tickets still available on StubHub.

Other various acts coming up are Pixies on Novermber 10th at the Tennessee Theatre and Lady Antebellum ( puke ) at The Civic on Novermber 11th.

2. GahLee

John Mellancamp is coming to the Civic center on November 12th, tickets still available.

Puscifer ( Maynard James Keenan's other, other band ) is comin to the Tennessee Theatre on November 29th, tickets available.

The V-Roys are coming to the Bijou on New Years Eve...tickets on StubHub are only 299$...geez!

Meant to add Mutemath ( think Black Keys ) to the OP, they will be here on the 19th of this month at the Square Room, not sure on availability.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The band Hundred Acres will be at the Preservation Pub Thursday the 20th at 8:00 pm. I will be singing with them. Come by and I'll buy a round.

4. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

can't wait for puscifer at the TN theatre. epic.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Lucero will be at Tennessee Theater on Nov 2nd and Bijou Theatre on Dec 2nd.

Website - Lucero

Familiarize... all their music can be listened to on their site.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hundred Acres and me will return to the Preservation Pub in Knoxville on Monday Dec. 5th at 9:00. Trying to give more notice this time. Come on by, I would like to meet you, and you can watch an old guy make a fool of himself.

7. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

puscifer tonight.

[​IMG]

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Pre-sale has already started for Eric Church's Feb. 3 "Blood, Sweat, and Beers" show at TBA. I'll be there.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Snoop Dogg next Thursday.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Kevin Carter, a good buddy of mine, is playing Lincoln's Sports Grille in Oak Ridge tomorrow night, 12/10 at 830. Will be raucous. Be there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Funny, I saw Snoop and Wiz the night before in DC. They went from DC to Knoxville the next night. That makes no sense to me. Usually you go from DC to Richmond or to Baltimore or to NYC or to Pittsburgh. I'm not surprised they played Knoxville, but I would have thought they would have taken geography into consideration when planning their tour stops.

BTW, the show was far from spectacular. It was basically Wiz and Snoop talking to each other on stage about how high they were for about 5 minutes. Doing a song. Then going back to talking about how high they were. Rinse, lather, repeat.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like the three six mafia show I caught a few years ago. Awful.

13. GahLee

Coheed and Cambria will be in town Monday at The Bijou, I believe that tickets are 30$

14. GahLee

I seen them in concert in '06 I believe it was. Was awful. They did about 2 minutes of each song, on every song. They are in the middle of one of their classics and just cut out and go into another song.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Usually even bands I don't like can find a way to give me some entertainment with a live show. That three six concert might be the only show I've ever been to that I hated from start to finish.

16. GahLee

Yeah it was awful, luckily I was [uck fay]ed up enough to somehow have a decent time.

By the way the Coheed concert is May 12th, sorry for the wrong date.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Just to give notice if anyone would like to come hear my band, Hundred Acres will be making our fourth appearance at The Preservation Pub on April 3rd. We will be the headliner band at 10:00 in the downstairs "Smoke Easy". I would love to get to meet you. hat has been to two of our shows and Kpt to one.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Just a reminder.