Tyndall investigation update

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Volsfan31, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

Not hearing good things about Donnie Tyndall and Tennessee concerning the investigation.

-Jerry Meyer tweet

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe is normally right on these things.

2. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

NCAA officials will discuss Donnie Tyndall with Tennessee’s administration today, a source told @CBSSports. Story: http://t.co/nNYItF0IpR

-Gary Parrish

3. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Edit: Didn't see that you had posted the Parrish article. Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by tomorrow.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm wondering if something has come out, beyond just the allegations at Southern Miss.

No one thought that Pearl's BBQ would get him ran, either.

I'm rooting for Tyndall, and I don't want him to go (but don't ask me how my opinion changes if I knew that it'd also lead to Hart's ouster, too), but it sure seems like the matter has been greatly accelerated, just today.

5. Tenacious D

Why wouldn't that surprise you? Serious question.

Gut feeling?

6. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Jerry Meyer on 104.5 in Nashville:

Another source came forward with damming evidence.

Referring to today, heard phrases such as "dooms day" from multiple sources.

Thinks Tyndall is done.

7. Tenacious D

Jerry Meyer on 104.5 about 2 minutes ago:

1. There is a second informant who has recently come forward to AA regarding Tyndall, and with new / more information

2. Many people - "take it to the bank types" - at Tennessee, are telling him that TN and Tyndall are parting ways. That no "middle ground" now exists to keep him.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That doesn't sound good, given that (1) Tyndall seemed to do a pretty good job this season, and (2) Dave Hart is the guy making the new hire, if new hire there be

9. Tenacious D

I'm not sure that Hart will have anything to do with the next hire, even if he is still sitting in the AD chair when it occurs.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've not followed this very closely. Are there any rumors out there from any kind of reliable source that indicate Hart may be dismissed, or is talk of such merely a product of speculation?

11. OrangeBlood79

I don't think he'd be fired immediately. I would envision a forced resignation that has the public appearance of a retirement a few months down the road, if anything at all.

Honestly, does anyone expect this administration to do anything but continue to sh** the bed?

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nope, but they'll still have jobs because the ones above them are just as terrible. Luckily, also, that Ben Howland was just hired as we could've almost mistakenly hired a competent coach, ruining this little streak of idiocy.

13. OrangeBlood79

At this point it's speculation...with veritable sources, according to Meyer.

No one knows what Hart will do but if the charges are as serious as he speculated, it would be difficult to keep DT.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tyndall deserves a parting gift from the 8th if he takes out Hart. Like a fruit basket

15. OrangeBlood79

Or a reach around...

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am curious to see who would be on the list for coach. Glad Pearl is locked up.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Someone get a list of coaches born in Michigan.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ironically, Tyndall's squeaky clean AA record was the moron's cover for ignoring Howland in the last go round.

He couldn't be a bigger POS.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Consider it done.

20. Tenacious D

For those regulars who pay attention, anyone notice that someone has been on radio silence of late?

Not saying. Just saying.