8/20 video

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Aug 20, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[video=youtube;roBSGbN8z9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roBSGbN8z9A&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

So Coach said if we don't have a running game we are going to have some problems. Just, you agree with this?

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

NYC in the background.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Kid who grew up in Greenwich Village sure finds his way to Neyland a lot....

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

Tennessee has 3 WRs with any kind of experience.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

True for Tennessee, and almost every other team in America.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That's deep.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I couldn't believe one of those reporters acted like it could be a bad thing that we were using 11 and 16 play scoring drives. Guess I just don't know that much about football, but I always thought it was advantageous to keep the other offense off the field.

9. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

You would think they would know a little about the sport they are covering.

The longer the drives, the more you wear out the opposing defense. Making it easier on your offense in the 2nd half. On top of that, keeps your defense rested

10. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Everytime I have seen the dude with the glasses on his head, he has been chewing gum.

Take that shit out of your mouth

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

One of my favorite drives in TN football history is the 04 Florida game. 13 plays, 13 rushes. Drove the ball straight down their throat.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Love the sled asthma comment.....like something my old HS coach would've said.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

But not a damn thing wrong with having an offense that can score in 3 or 4 plays.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Great teams can do both though. One of my beefs (and there are many) with Peyton is that his goal is to score as quickly as possible. I want a team that can keep our defense off the field. Especially since it's still a very weak link.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Considering our depth in the front 7, I love the sound of 11 to 16 play drives.