VOLS are now 16th in recruiting on ESPN

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by HamptonVol, Aug 21, 2011.

1. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

Coach [ddiapos] and the Tennessee Volunteers continue to climb up the rankings as they jump from No. 21 to No. 16 after bulking up its secondary with four-star prospects Kenny Crawley (Washington, D.C./Howard D. Woodson) and LaDarrell McNeil (Dallas/Wilmer Hutchins).

Alabama and Florida swap spots again and this time the Crimson Tide gets the edge at No. 3 over their SEC rival.

Arkansas also joins the top 25 and Vanderbilt drops to being on the cusp but remember, it's still very, very early in the recruiting process.

These Class of 2012 rankings are based on who has committed so far and are not a projection of how strong a class will finish. Changes to the rankings will be made often as more prospects commit, and how the teams finish on national signing day is really the only ranking that matters.
    But as always, let the debate begin.

- ESPN

2. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

this is looking like a top 10 class on ESPN.

we have 7 4stars already and are looking like we are going to finish strong.

Dooley.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

what does "looking like we are going to finish strong" mean? At this point, it's about the defensive line. If we get that right, these first recruiting classes of Dooley's will have been strong, especially given the hole he started in.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he's saying that as long as we fill the rest of our class with something similar to what we have so far "rankings-wise", we'll have a good final rank.

Certainly, the ranking is irrelevant if we don't address the D line.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Autry, O'Brien, and another DT and I'll be very happy no matter how the rest of the class finishes.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

generally OK, but doesn't address the depth problem very well. For the other DT, I like Kirven. There are a couple of GA guys and one NJ guy that we appear to be in with reasonably well. We win some and show some competitiveness with the top guys in the conference, we should get our share.

8. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

my finish strong would be Patterson, Autry, O'Brien, Watson, and Jelks.

hopefully Grice, a TE, and another OL to go along with that.

9. HamptonVol

HamptonVol New Member

agreed. we get that finish (which I think we will) and it will be a great class.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want the Hamilton kid from New Jersey

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Is there a real shot to land this guy?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think he is taking an official visit, so I suppose there is a chance.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Maybe we snag Alton Howard this weekend.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I like Howard. People say we are "stacked" at WR, but it seems pretty obvious between the Hunter situation and the number of 3 and 4 WR sets we run that we are not as "stacked" as some think.