The Holly Warlick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 25, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is glorious, I'm loving the self righteous LV fans wallowing in misery. Give her a lifetime contract as far as I am concerned.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

who is this person, and what does she have to do with anything?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's happening? I'm a heterosexual male, and thus uninformed.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

She's single handedly ruining everything Pat Summitt accomplished.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, shit. More fuel for the AD fire I guess.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I keep up only because of twitter and some folks on Facebook. One of the guys back home who never says anything negative about ut coaches has turned on her. It's glorious.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Pat is as much responsible for this as Holly. Loyal coaches are most likely those that truly know they'd never have individual success. Coaching line dynasties don't work.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Bring on Tyler Summitt.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh, I'm sure Pat would never have gotten ill if it were up to her. And any endorsement given under those circumstances is forgivable. She was just trying to exit as gracefully as possible.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That would have been her plan regardless. That is my opinion obviously.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think the recruiting may actually be the craziest part. I believe we have no Top 100 recruits for 2016?

Had to look. None at all. Out of the Top 100, there are 3 who haven't committed.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  12. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

After all those years, she just never learned how to do the "stare", so she just ain't got it.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's sad

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Pretty glaring given how many fewer premiere women's programs there are compared to men's.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, I was trying to think of an analogue like a Duke, UNC, or Kansas just totally whiffing, but it's not a perfect fit.

I don't have any actual idea, but my assumption would be that no one is in the ballpark of spending as much or having the support system of UConn and Tennessee. You'd think that alone would be enough to bring in Geno's sloppy seconds.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The predicament of the Lady Vols is a reminder to any sports program that you do not hire Paul Schaffer to take over the Late Show no matter how much of an endorsement you might get from your David Letterman. Letting the majority of the Lady Vol fans rot in their own hubris after years of sticking their nose up at the rest of the UT programs has been quite satisfying, but, in the end, it's simply another example of how unbelievably poorly managed this AD is.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

She was Summitt's chosen successor, as I understand it. Like Card, I hope that they give her a lifetime contract.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

She just needs more time. What this program needs is stability.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Butch by butch