College Basketball 2016/17

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Nov 12, 2016.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You know, it's pretty damned ridiculous in the national championship game when you've played 7 1/2 minutes and have 15 fouls called.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Officials taking over, sad.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Karnowski picked a bad night to suck.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Refs figured out they can call multiple fouls on the same contact, watch out

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Flagrant?

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We're over 20 fouls in 12 1/2 minutes in the national championship. Yay refs!

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Gonzaga has missed more around the rim than I've seen in a game in a long time.

8. Unimane

There have been a million bad calls tonight, but Meeks hand was out of bounds on that tie up.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Feel bad for that one guy on Gonzaga who didn't play like shit.

10. Unimane

Gonzaga clearly was tight the whole night. Lots of missed shots that were short or pushed instead of shot.

11. Unimane

As a Wisconsin fan, I feel for teams that have a once in a lifetime team playing for the title and lose to the usual super power that will get back there again and again.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Hopefully they have to vacate.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What an awful second half to watch. Turned it off with about 10 minutes left because of the whistles.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Berry got Final Four most outstanding player on combined 9-33 shooting. Uh, excuse me?

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Say what you want about Rokerthon or life champs. At least the product was better.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And a fake university wins it all while they should have been on probation. Good job, NCAA. You pieces of rat feces, you.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How does UNC even still have an athletic department much less NCAA titles? Fake university? Meh. BBQ with a recruit and lie about it? BURN HIM!

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The cheating doesn't bother me because God only knows what goes on over on the hill we don't know about. Every school does it to ridiculous levels at some point. Anybody other than dickey and 98 is probably a footnote because of lbm.

The officiating is what gets me. It's not what cost gonzaga the game (inability to got 2 footers did that) but it made for a miserable second half of basketball. Too many rules and too many refs trying to see the spotlight.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The 3rd official is a negative to the game unless it's a really good crew.

The 3rd wheel feels like he has to blow his whistle because the other 2 are.

20. Unimane

They really need to do something about these video reviews that take 5 minutes when any idiot can figure it out in about 10 seconds, also.