Any Hoops Recruits You Have Questions About?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Aug 25, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Going to be talking to Adam Zagoria tonight about UT and SEC recruiting. Let me know if there's a specific player you want to know about. Obviously, I'm going to ask about Stokes.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not UT related but any additional Kyle Anderson info would be solid, Poythress, what is the perception of the Martin hire as it relates to recruiting?
    Does Chris Jones ever make it to a four-year school? Considering NWF has a coach assigned to him 24/7 and was told by a college coach over the summer "he can ball, but is totally crazy" I have doubts about him.

Not recruiting but any additional insight he has behind Kevin Boyle going to Montverde and did he have any college offers?

3. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

hat, do you know Andre whitehead? Curious of your thoughts on him.

4. hatvol96

Not really. Met him once or twice, but can't say I know him.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Poythress. I would love to be able to tell the UK recruitards that they are living a pipe dream.

6. hatvol96

Will do.

7. hatvol96

Said the kid and his coaches are almost impossible to read. He wouldn't be surprised if he signed with any of the teams still on his list.

8. hatvol96

Florida is in it for Anderson, but thinks it'll end up being St. John's or UCLA.

He was in a hurry, so I'll ask him about Jones and Boyle next time I talk to him.

9. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

This question maybe UT related. What exactly do you do hat? If you don't mind me asking? You talk to alot of big names.

10. hatvol96

I'm an attorney by trade.

11. hatvol96

I asked him specifically about Cooley. He thinks he's a really good recruiter. Adam thinks he's going to get Ricky Ledo, too. Providence also has boatloads of playing time at the Big East level. That's a draw.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Why was this closed?

13. hatvol96

What?

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

This thread was closed/locked. I opened it back up... I don't think I'm imagining this.

But to keep the ball rolling, what's the word on Stokes?

15. hatvol96

Memphis, with Arkansas in contention. UT is a real longshot at this point.

16. 7thgroupvolfan

I knew that much. It's the people you associate with is why I'm wondering.

17. hatvol96

Got to know some coaches various ways over the years and it's one of those deals where once you know a few, you usually end up meeting a bunch more. At the end of the day, those guys are hoop junkies. If you can discuss hoops and know what you're talking about, they welcome you into the discussion.

18. 7thgroupvolfan

Junkies love the company of other junkies.

19. hatvol96

Very, very true. I also fit in pretty well with those guys because I'm a nocturnal creature and their profession almost mandates they be such.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for something a little more detrimental for UK.