Kentucky 3-2

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the same dude who put up 36 and 38 with Stokes, Jrich and Mcrae

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Not having Travis today really hurt UK. But that officiating in the second half was so one sided, wed have won by 30 if they'd just called a fair game.

Schofield needs to have a new rule. No 3s until you've scored 3 consecutive baskets going to the basket. He has to do something to work out of these funks he gets in. And honestly there isnt many that can stop him once he gets going towards the rim. No excuse for him not to shoot 6 or 7 free throws a game.

I'm a little surprised we won as big as we did with yet again getting nothing from Turner and Bowden on offense. Bone picked up their slack today. He was unguardable, and we'll be tough down the stretch if he plays like that every night.

Overall though, a terrific performance on defense by really everyone. I really liked seeing us put Bone on Herro at times. Fulkerson gave some valuable minutes on defense today.

Alexander was victim of at least 2 bad foul calls maybe more. But he simply has to play better.

Need to finish this thing out, really need LSU to lose to avoid having to play UK before the Championship game. I want to play them again with the SECT Championship on the line.

But wouldnt mind getting another shot at LSU either.

Also, what a huge win in front of several high profile recruits for football and basketball both

The Dooz likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. Buzz Peterson

2. Cuonzo

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It was basketball’s version of the Iron Sheik’s pleading, “No say’a USA! No say’a USA!”

justingroves likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes it was. They showed up, and were loud. Didn’t see big swaths of blue throghout the arena, either.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hell of an atmosphere in TBA. Shooting half as many free throws as UK in our own building, and still winning by 20.

Open looks we’re few and far between for UK...every shot contested. That’s winning basketball.

hohenfelsvol and A-Smith like this.
  7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Feel bad for Alexander. Even when he’s playing physical, he still looks like Lisa Leslie out there. Tough day for him.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

How big is that foul, 84 feet from the basket in a tie game with .6 left in Baton Rouge.

Really wish we had a return game on the schedule in Knoxville.

Need the Gators to do something right in my life for once.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there haven't been big swaths of blue in there in quite a few years, tbh

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We have needed this game all year. Two of our three losses were games we had well in hand late and blew. We needed to close out a big win without it coming down to the last possession, just to know we could do it. And it’s all the sweeter coming against Kentucky

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They did the same thing to us.

12. Ssmiff

26-3. 17 months ago we were picked next to last. We wont see this record again in our lives imo. Still somewhat in shock by it all. March and we just beat kentuckys [uck fay]ing ass on natl tv with ease.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Does this clinch SECPOTY for Grant?

A-Smith likes this.
  14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think that looseball dive did.

If POTY of the year was a battle between the two of them, that play stood out as who those 2 guys are. PJ lost the ball as Grant got a hand on it, then stood there and watched Grant lay out for it.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Jordan Bone should be the POTY.

16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

3. Butch jones with a tranny named Lead

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

18. Ssmiff

so Herro hit a runner early on and chirped "he can't guard me. he can't guard me." He then went 1-9

utvol0427 and A-Smith like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm sensing more people are ready to join my club on Herro?