Gator week- Uber road win or epic fail loss?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volokie, Sep 14, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chaney wipes his ass with Grantham's defenses. He's done it a lot. The one thing he's usually had is a decent qb

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I may be crazy here but I do think Grantham’s emotional blitzing might play into one of JG’s few strengths. He won’t watch the blitz and panic, he’ll happily stand in there, make a throw and get lit up.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This is a game where you dont let JG check unless it looks dire. They will sucker him in

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is totally unaware of blitzes, leaving receivers in man is the one thing I would never do against him

RockyHill likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We will keep this game close, and have a chance to win late in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, we will take 2 sacks, third and 27, we complete a 6 yard pass, 4th and 21, will be an interception.

You're welcome, you can have a nice Saturday with your family and not worry about how we lost to Florida again.

lol vol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

After the last couple weeks, I’m increasingly convinced that Georgia State was 95% mental and we’d beat them by 30 if we played again next week. We’re not exactly good, but we’re good enough to keep a game with Florida competitive if we can mitigate the advantage that they have in the trenches. That said, we always do dumb crap against Florida every year. I imagine we’ll keep it close and they’ll pull away in the fourth quarter because they just start converting 3rd and longs and our defense wears out.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This games lives and dies on two things.
    1). JG showing up and playing like an SEC caliber QB

and

2). Pruitt not being shy about yanking his ass if he doesn’t.

If 1 happens, I give UT an even chance of winning. If 1 doesn’t happen and 2 doesn’t immediately happen, UT gets what they’ve gotten for the better part of the last 25 years.

lol vol likes this.
  8. lol vol

lol vol Member

Guarantano gets sacked multiple times, Florida runs the football and wins an ugly game.

Jorts 24
    Vols 13

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Georgia State was 95% not lining up correctly on defense at least half the time.

Oldvol75 likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Georgia State was 100% us treating it like a scrimmage and them treating it as the biggest game of their lives.

11. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

This is the only time that he has a pass, if we cannot achieve at least 3 SEC wins and one being a surprise then this train is clearly off the track and Krispy Kreme has inflicted more damage than his last 4 years as the HMFBC!

12. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Sorry for the F

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

145%?

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Even their coach said it wasn’t the school’s biggest win... rubbing UT’s nose in it. Said their bowl win vs. Western Kentucky (!!!) was the biggest win in school history.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It's hard to say W against them just from a historical standpoint. We ve had winnable games they figured out how to lose ( UK last nite). And others where we get ran completely off the field when they wernt very good either.

They havent impressed me outside their DL that's dinged up and a couple skill guys. I think their OL is vulnerable but I'm not sure our DL is good enough to take advantage. If Pruitt doesnt have to blitz a ton early it will be a plus.

Our OL vs their DL is probably the biggest decider.

Trask is the X factor. UK went soft after Franks went down. I'm curious to see how Trask handles a game. He come in last nite with house money and UK let him play.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

His attitude in general is the sort that comes back to bite you. Maybe not on this, but on things.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rewatching the highlights, UK's defense seemed to definitely be playing soft for Trask. Like they were just waiting for him to make big mistakes and he didn't. Weird choice.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was on Spurrier's staff at Florida, of course he's a [penis] head

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Stoops is probably at least as dumb as Butch.

justingroves likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They never did come after him. It was odd. He's nowhere the athlete Franks is, but he's not looking to run either. They gave him easy throws and let him get confident, then Stoops and Gran lost their balls and it snowballed