Big 12 coming after Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GoVols, Aug 29, 2011.

1. GoVols

GoVols Member

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Take'em.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd take a TAMU for Arky trade any day of the week.

4. GoVols

GoVols Member

A clean trade? Arkansas for Texas A&M? No talk of adding schools like Missouri? I like it a lot.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Arkansas, to me, just seems like a better fit in the Big 12.

In my dreams, the SEC would also drop South Carolina, stay at 10 schools, drop the SEC championship game and just have every team play every other team every season. Not happening, but that is my dream.

6. GoVols

GoVols Member

I believe there are 7 or 8 Big 12 closer to Arkansas then the closest SEC school. Geographically it makes a lot of sense.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Makes sense for everyone involved.

8. GoVols

GoVols Member

Not so fast my friend.

The difference in payout between the SEC and Big 12 is rather significant. I believe the difference is something around $10 million per year. I don't think Arkansas wants to join the Big 12 badly enough to give up $10 million per year.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Do they want to win a damn thing? If so, they should take their chances against Oklahoma rather than watch LSU, Alabama and Auburn consistently stay ahead of them in the SECW.

10. GoVols

GoVols Member

Great point.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Great dream.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Were I Slive, I'd also offer to throw in Memphis and MTSU - and that the SEC would pick up the moving expenses and the printing of new letterhead, in hopes of sweetening the deal enough for Arkansas to accept it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Arkansas will not willingly leave the conference with a golden future for the conference of prairie country.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Arkansas may be content to cash the check and watch LSU, Bama and Auburn continue to teabag them.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I saw that mentioned. Don't see it happening (which of course now means it will tomorrow). Makes a lot of sense and I think everyone wins.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agree completely. Sad that it won't happen though.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's that I'm thinking. The money is going to be hard to turn down. Too bad for the fans who won't get to see any of that money or championships.