The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

im not a Freeze apologist but that division was the toughest in CFB for a good stretch. Bama, LSU, Auburn, and Miss St under Mullen.

Memtownvol, SetVol13 and chavisut like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Surprised public schools paddled. Cbhs had ritualistic paddling. Briarcrest girls were paddled in the 80s. Knew of 2 who brought bourbon in no more tears shampoo bottles or and busted a 3rd time that turned into paddling. Elementsry school principal was a 6'4 huge man of woman and left no doubt about not wanting to mess up again.
    If there are rules in place and paddling as known punishment, dont do the crime or pick another school.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

X & O wise, Freeze is fine, if not at the front of the curve. Watched them twice so far this year and their offense is fun. I just think he's a slimeball that stands out in a profession of slimeballs.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    justingroves likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If someone attempted to paddle my daughter, they will have to have their arm and paddle surgically removed from their ass

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He thought he was college Bill Belichick

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've met several people that either know or have had interactions with him and I've yet to hear a positive story.

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I was paddled in High School - in 1997 - by my female Spanish teacher. I deserved it but she knocked the hell out of me twice with one of those big wooden paddles with holes in it. She was also the tennis coach so her form was impeccable. I "might" have got off with only one running swinging homerun paddle shot to the ass if I didn't immediately go, "Oh baby, I LIKE that" when she nailed me the first time. The other kids standing in the hall who laughed I think contributed to the second shot. I didn't make any more smart remarks after that second hit either. My soul left my body for a second.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Alls im saying is when you went to Briarcrest, mus, Cbhs, Immaculate Conception and some other schools in the 80s, it wasnt public, and you knew [uck fay]ups could lead to paddling. 99% of the kids were never at risk. It usually took multiple bad [uck fay]ups.
    Things have changed a lot over the years as far as how its viewed. All of our coaches were very hands on as well. As in practice, push, grab, throw, etc. People get pissed thinking about the idea now, but in Memphis at least, thats just how it was.
    Your daughter would have had to been caught with alcohol or weed or cocaine or nekked in a closet with a boy with borboun to get paddled

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

In my middle school there were two teachers and the vice principle that had paddles. They never flaunted or paraded them around to intimidate and it was very rare that they were used. I got paddled because I got in a verbal argument and I basically sucker punched the other kid. Punishment was fitting IMO. And FTR, coach was/is a good guy.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m not a fan of public schools paddling at all.

I also don’t like truancy laws

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

One time in history class I was drawing basketball plays and the teacher caught me. Made me come up front with another guy and kind of get on the other dude’s back so he could lean over and put my ass up in the air and he whacked me a couple of licks. This cat had taught all our parents too. His antics would get him fired about 10 times a day these days. He died a year or so ago. Everybody remembers his class.

justingroves likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I got paddled in elementary school by probably the best guy to ever live in our county, I deserved it. I'm not against it, but if I had a high school aged daughter, I'm going to jail if someone tried

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Right there with you.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I never got paddled in school but it was pretty much an unwritten agreement among the moms that it was okay to paddle anybody that was [uck fay]ing off at their house, regardless of whose kid it was. I know I caught a few at my friends’ houses and I know they caught a few at mine.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

“We missed our connecting flight so we spent the entire day on Dallas. Then we spent a week on Hawaii. I was on heaven”

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That's a lot of guys though

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

By paddle, do you mean an actual paddle, or are you generalizing? Just curious. I was never actually paddled as a child outside of school. I was disciplined using various other objects at home and other places.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we did paddling in my grade school. in southern california. still amazes me.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As I've gotten older as a parent, I've come to realize spanking/paddling really isn't any more effective than other forms of discipline. In fact, it may be even worse.

Also, if any school touches my kid, I will lose my [uck fay]ing shit on them. I'm not overly protective, the helicopter parent type, but other people laying hands on my children isn't something I find remotely acceptable. I don't care if that's how they did it "back in the day". They used to do a lot of stupid shit back then, too.

Tar Volon likes this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's lazy discipline. Instead of working out a solution to the problem, it's inflicting pain and hoping the behavior changes because they don't want to get hurt again.

Unimane likes this.