Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

thanks so much for the feedback

Poppa T likes this.
  2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

While I am thinking about the UF game I am uncomfortable that it’s getting so much discussion. My preference would be not to make a big deal of it. And then just go take care of business. I don’t know, maybe Heupel should just say it’s the next game.

I feel like making such a big deal of it reminds me of Franklin trying to make the TN rivalry with Vandy a thing. Of course…Drooley, but don’t give the Gators the satisfaction of thinking this would be the biggest win in CFB in 2022. Screw them.

CitrusCo.Vol and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get it. The hype train will be wild if we get past Akron intact, though.

4. TDVol1989

It will. And I will be really hyped. But I hate that UF gets the satisfaction of Checker Neyland, maybe special uni’s. Checkered Neyland looks great on TV but maybe we just act like they aren’t worthy. Sure we all know the deal. But I hate the Gators. I mean I hate them. I wish they had beat KY just so we could cut their sack deeper.

Sure I want to beat Bama. But my hatred of the Gators burns white hot. I’m sick of underachieving against them. I’m sick of stripped catches for TDs, blown knees, goofy timeouts, crazy fumbles, and damn losing…even to UF teams that cratered later. We could beat them every year for the rest of my life by 50 points and it wouldn’t be enough. Can we please at least stop making it look like our Game of the Year? Beat them by 50. Don’t rush the field. Don’t celebrate. Don’t cry. Talk about our mistakes in the presser. Don’t give them the satisfaction.

Volokie and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The ignoring of which you speak will occur after we have whipped that gator azz on a regular consistent basis. I remember those days.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

I have never lived it. You are lucky. My first taste of of it was Galen Hall in ‘85. I have seen us have a nice run on GA and Bama but never the Gators. It’s to the point where I hate them so intensely I have no hate left for Bama. That’s a dark place.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We never played them much before 1990 (and in particular, 1992 with divisional splits), and they SUCKED before Spurrier got there. I mean, SUUUUUUCKED, save some cheating years in the mid 80s.

They are right up there with Bama and Auburn for me. I hate Florida with a white hot intensity.

As far as "looking ahead and making more of the game than it is", meh, that is sports. I don't want all games to be like Akron, where it is just another weekend.

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I was there when we rained down oranges on a Dickey-coached gator team in his inaugural return.

Being a Franklin County boy, Bama is still on the top of my list, but the gators have slowly climbed the ladder and uga and uk and, of course, the vandy-boys. I dislike all the SEC azzes. My disgusts peaks on the day we play each of them.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Anyone know current donation requirement and ticket costs for Tennessee Terrace season tickets?

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Leonard Pope - 6'7 250 lbs and played safety in HS. He was before his time. Played for a while in the NFL. I remember a lot of UGA fans bragging about how our All-American DB got injured trying to tackle him. Started my deep hatred for UGA.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I was going to say I heard a lot worse than that as I walked out. Some was said by me.

IP likes this.
  12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They revamped pricing, since we can't claim tax deductions for any donation re: seats/tix. I don't think the Terrace requires donation. Could be wrong. The East Club does.

Here is the link.
    https://www.tennesseefund.org/seating/tennessee-terrace/

If you truly are interested call the Tennesse Fund number in the link, if you don't find what you need on website.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Seems odd they wouldn’t require a donation. I’ll probably call near the end of the season.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep. Maybe why the Terrace are hard season tickets to get.

I used to have to donate $500/seat + ticket cost for my chairs/roof on North EZ. But they revamped things. No donation required. My all in seat cost were $400 cheaper per with the revamped pricing.
    I ain't mad.

The Party Deck does not require donation either. But $1950 per for an old man to stand is not my style. I laffed when they ask me.

So I could see no donation for The Terrace. They do not have food available [in cost] like the Clubs.

Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....

Sons have a band competition next Saturday.

[uck fay] me

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Priorities, man.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Children are always worth the sacri....

18. KyleAlexanderfan

Wish him luck.

CitrusCo.Vol and justingroves like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

My parents never went to my band competitions. Not once in 4 years. It's the same damn show as always.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

But full disclosure, my parents didn't exactly set the curve.

PilotFlyingJ, SetVol13 and A-Smith like this.