Orange Bowl

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Dec 4, 2022.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Coaches gave him the option. He's still showing up to practices and film room sessions.

IP and Volgrad98 like this.
  2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Oh don’t get me wrong I know how much help he’s had and it did a ton of good and that without it he’d likely be back in Memphis already. Who knows, he may be an NFL starter in a year or two. All I’m saying is I thought maybe he was on the straight and narrow but some of the rumors from the past couple months aren’t good but I’m pulling for him.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m sure I’m missing some but besides Lott, Cedrick Wilson and T McDonald, I’m not sure we’ve had many Memphis public school kids work out. Eason still on squad and seems like a good kid but hasn’t been a standout by any means.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm not sure how he's been graded for the NFL, but this bowl game is a great opportunity to raise his stock. That's how I see it anyways.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eason will play more in 2023, he's been fine as a rotational dlineman

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Sorry, I meant gave him the option to "opt out". He's academically ineligible to actually play. But he could've very easily just packed it up and called it quits with his "opt out." He's sticking with the team instead.

zehr27, Volgrad98 and IP like this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Eason has improved so much since arriving but I think his size keeps him in between positions and limits his effectiveness.

Memphis was great to Tennessee for years. It was only until the last 25 years or so that that trend went 180 degrees in the other direction. I don't think that is limited to us though. I think the state of football in Memphis took a giant step back through that same period of time.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Thanks for clearing that up.

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Trivial question: but have they announced what uniform we are wearing yet? Jw

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm glad we're getting the checkerboards

ole_orange likes this.
  13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Damn I hate clemson fans. We need to win this one! (Yes, for very selfish and petty reasons.)

justingroves and TDVol1989 like this.
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We are in Orange Jerseys and White pants. Vols all over South Florida. A worker in the Atlanta Airport asked me why there were so many Tennessee fans in the Airport and where were we going. We appear to have traveled strong.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Welp, it's gameday dudes. How are we feeling?

I wish I were feeling more excited about it to be honest. With all of the opt-out's, it's kinda lost it's luster. That's a shame too...

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Had a dream last night we were down 21-0 after 6 minutes. Milton had thrown two pick sixes.

But I dreamed we were up 21-0 on UGA after the first quarter, so take it with that in mind.

justingroves likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am looking forward to seeing Joe. I hope he plays balls out and is MVP. He seemed to play timid against Vandy. Heard that he threw an orange over 110 yards; now if he can just develop some touch.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I haven't followed Clemson's players (or those who are vs aren't playing). I'd love to see dabo the dillhole pout about getting destroyed all offseason but at this point will take a good game where we aren't embarrassed on national TV. I feel like the team being fielded tonight, while a glimpse into next year, is hardly the one that we enjoyed this season.

Memtownvol, Tar Volon and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whatever happens, I believe Milton can become the guy

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I hope he does too. I obviously don't know him, but I respect him for the way he handled Hooker taking over. I think him elevating his game gives Nico time to beef up and get comfortable too.

warhammer and IP like this.