POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I love bk burgers

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You are like the first person I've heard endorse BK in a hot min. IMO I think it's gone way of a Sonic burger which is a shell of what it once was. I just don't ever hear anyone suggest "hey, let's go grab some BK" or "man, I'm craving some BK". Granted my fast food intake is typically limited to just a handful of times a month so maybe that's just me. But the one closest to me now in Nashville is always ghost town, even during the lunch rush.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just give me an occasional sack full of Krystals and the unmistakable taste of the after burp those burgers give you and I'll be happy.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That’s pretty much everywhere these days. At our Dairy Queen’s, burger combos run between $9-12.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just a basket of fries are nearly 5 bucks now at Mickey Ds. The era of dollar menu fast food are long gone.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll willingly starve to death before I eat Krystal

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I am a sucker for BK whoppers. Don't mind Wendy's. When their fries are on point they're amazing. When they aren't, it's pretty terrible.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You either love or hate Krystal in my experience. There typically is no in between with people. I only crave it once in a blue moon and there really aren't that many Krystals around me that are conveniently located, but when I'm in the right place and mindset I find great satisfaction with a sack of Krystal. Those drunken 3am Krystals after a night of fun on the strip during the UT days were priceless.

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

This is just one, giant text of lying, immature bullshit.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This thing with the Dodgers and this group in California is odd. some don’t want to support other people who openly mock the religion of others. mocking another religion is never cool. Others could care less. Good for people speaking up when most are scared to step up and call out bullshit when it’s bullshit.

11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah.. maybe if there weren't years of precedent and a post outlining the exact opposite of what he's arguing. How you manage to go through these threads dealing with the same bad-faith arguments on a routine basis is.. beyond me.

ole_orange likes this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yawn. I'm glad you disapprove. Seeing eye to eye here with your MAP bullshit would be an awful thing. [uck fay]ing weirdo

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lols. Cry more about your MAPs definitions. [uck fay]ing weirdo.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lots of Catholics and LGBTs in LA. Watching the marketplace of ideas sort this out will be interesting.

I think the Sisters of Indulgences has every right to express themselves and do their thing as long as they aren't getting outrageously raunchy as they are known to do around children (to be very clear not saying they are known to get wild around children, but rather that they are known for outrageous, x-rated antics). Players and people in general also have every right to express their indignation of this group mocking their religious beliefs. I get why some are pissed at the Dodgers for deciding to have an entire night dedicated to them as opposed to a standard LGBT night like most organizations do. Whether you are a Catholic or Sister of Indulgence member or whatever, have the courage to stand up unapologetically for whatever values and beliefs that matter to you. .

I will add, betcha the Sisters of Indulgences/a group similar to them would *NEVER* have the balls to dress in drag designed to mock and offend Muslims and Jews.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

FTR, I don't think the sisters should be invited. Not the venue. It's divisive.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea from a cost-benefit POV do the Dodgers really think there is something to be gained here? Paraphrasing here but it's like Catholic and Dodger star Clayton Kershaw recently said in essence: "Why can't we just have a standard LGBT night like normal? Having a Dodger sanctioned theme night designed to degrade and mock my religious beliefs feels incredibly wrong and do not represent the LA values I'm accustom to." A very fair and reasonable sentiment imo.

Rumors swirling that Dodger Catholics are strongly considering just not showing up to work on June 19th and that they are willing to deal with whatever financial and public consequences may follow.

gcbvol likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Doing what they do isn’t what I believe Pride month is about. Very divisive. Especially in this day and time. Makes it more difficult for people different from them to be open minded. Not helpful

SetVol13, ole_orange and gcbvol like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

All things should be mocked now then, but only if it is funny

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yes. And in the proper environment.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

With all that said: If this controversy somehow eradicates the Dodgers from existence and causes a sinkhole to open up and swallow Dodger Stadium whole, then I will be the very first person to send the Sisters of Indulgences chapter of LA a gift basket as a token of my appreciation.