POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Since you are hung up on the bureaucrats thing they are the puppets puppets. All puppets.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

So we agree, it is industry.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sort of. It's industry because the Government allows it.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No it’s not just giant industry.

we have the largest most powerful government in the world’s history. its fingers and eyes into everything, while racking up a trillion dollars worth of debt every 100 days now.

that big government and titans of industry are in the same bed is a feature not a bug.

they’re one in the same now, and we’re going to have to basically kill the old way and start a new.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So the Boeing whistleblowering dying sure is sketchy.

justingroves likes this.
  7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sketchy is being kind.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I do not, and do not

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me rephrase. Many people who are not living that kind of lifestyle, feel destitute. Because they think the benchmark is brand new luxury car, fancy vacations, great place to live, all new everything.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sad

14. CardinalVol

Marketing and advertising is a powerful, powerful thing.

justingroves, SetVol13 and IP like this.
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And how they use it in social media.

SetVol13, emainvol, IP and 1 other person like this.
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

A huge portion of these kids can barely afford merely okay places to live, and they can’t even think of buying

Maybe I am just looking at this the wrong way. This is a particular phenomenon but they aren’t necessarily saying it’s the primary driver behind dissatisfaction.

I’m just used to CNBC and the like telling people to skip the avocado toast and “this is how a couple making 500K a year still feels average” because they spend 20k on clothes and take 3 expensive vacations a year. So I assumed they are ignoring the economic realities facing younger generations and just go blaming it on social media consumption

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Social media and we’ve debased the [uck fay] out the dollar.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And Airbnb, but I guess that’s part of both

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, Z's have it tougher than anyone from the Boomers to now. But at the same time there is an expectation, and has been since I was finishing high school, that you should instantly be an established adult and that just hasn't been how it is for at least 20-some years. Maybe it should be like that, but it hasn't been.

The idea that we will each own our own nice home while owning a new car and go on a foreign vacation once a year? That's just never going to happen and has never been the case.

20. CardinalVol

I think it's a mixed bag. Part of it is legit economic realities. And some of that is society and some of that is personal stupidity.

A big part is people wanting to have it all now. Friend on social media lives in Denver with her husband. They want to upgrade houses and can't afford it and there's no reason for them to be in Denver other than that's where they want to be. Neither is from there, they just like to ski. And that's fine, but you've got to take the good with the bad, and Denver is a very trendy place to live now and housing is absurd.