23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

We did go 4-1 against the current elite 8 teams. Unfortunately, the team we play Sunday was our only loss.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm definitely ok with that, especially if they get the next hire wright.

tvolsfan, IP and Indy like this.
  3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

IMG_3728.jpeg

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine UK fans going into next season with calipari and we just retired Barnes a champion and hired Wright. They'd die.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This will be the first time in the Barnes era that we play a tournament game as the lower seed.

IP, Tar Volon and TDVol1989 like this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

NGL, I had already thought about this.

Guess I'll think the scenario through a little more as I drift off to sleep.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve imagined a much darker thing, and I’ve been hesitant to post it.

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Look it’s Final 4 weekend and we are still in it. I don’t give a shit on any analysis. Tomorrow is a sit and watch day. We have a shot and in reality, that’s all you can ask for. I am in my definition a call it like it is guy. Those around me say I’m negative. Whatever.

I said I felt good at halftime and I feel good now. Enjoy the ride. My only real concern is Vescovi gives the whole team flu. Other than that, I’m good

IP likes this.
  9. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

We won and I’m long past inebriated on a Friday night. Just enjoy the ride fellas.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Finally fell asleep around 245, wide awake at 7.

at least I got a 2 hour nap before the pup woke me up and we won.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Luckily I had the foresight to grab a Red Bull last night on my way home from dinner, because same, but more like a 4 hour nap

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think that 18-0 run was the best basketball I’ve ever seen out of a Vols team.

JohnnyQuickkick, IP, tvolsfan and 2 others like this.
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Doesn’t matter we won, but I am not super happy about being awake right now. Tonight had probably better be an early one.

CardinalVol likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

If I didn’t need to push about a dozen returns out the door before Monday I wouldn’t have cared. Just a lot to do this weekend and I wasn’t working before 6pm tomorrow anyway as I always try to not work during day on Sundays this time of year.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think I need one more win for me to be there. Can’t completely let go all of all the missed opportunities the past few years.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2nd elite 8 trip in program history. Sucks because Purdue owns us. We can’t do anything about Edey and random white dude will spot up and get hot on us. It is what it is.

17. Ssmiff

Creightons coach a solid dude. And the respect Barnes gets from ncaa coaches is as high level as you will see in sports. Tryjnt to enjoy this more but all I can think about is Purdue and the hold on Tillman and no TD for wright, and 7 25 foot fadeaway 3s and stepping out of bounds then kicking the leg out to send it to OT and now Edey.

A-Smith and Tar Volon like this.
  18. CardinalVol

Barnes is about to get scouting reports from every coach in the B1G and/or that has played Purdue. I get the gist he's a million times more liked and respected than Painter.

SetVol13, utvol0427 and tvolsfan like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Theres not much to it. You either double Edey and leave shooters or you watch him go for 30/20. I hope we see Estrella early and somehow his banging gets a foul or 2 on him. We need to take a couple dives too when he elbows us in our necks on rebounds.
    I say we just d up, try to force him left and see what happens. We can’t leave shooters.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This goes back to being the top #2 and not given the UNC region.

utvol0427 likes this.