23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

His whole foot was in the Purdue guys box.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

can we call the edey elbow once please

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Weak tip Estrella. That was an absolutely terrible last 6 ruining a great half.

Tar Volon likes this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

feels like we're down double digits base on the last 5 minutes

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I get that people foul Edey a lot because he’s so big. I don’t think they’re all fouls, but I get it.

But for the dude to have 0 fouls called against him during that half of basketball is just a joke.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Gonna need points from ZZ.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We’re down two points with the ball. We can live with it. But it feels like a missed opportunity given the mini-heater from Knecht in the middle of the half.

TennTradition likes this.
  8. Tar Volon

We build a big lead every time we play an elite team. We let them back in every time we play an elite team. 20 minutes to make it happen

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel like he’s pressing. Needs to settle down a little bit

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We were penetrating early and getting into the paint. Edey playing drop leaves it open. Need to keep getting it but go to the basket (like we did early 2nd half Friday).

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I am amazed a guy can play 18 of 20 minutes in that physical of a half of basketball and have zero fouls. I’m not even saying he should have a foul every time down. But that’s ridiculous.

utvol0427 and Indy like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

13. Tar Volon

It sure feels like hitting and missing are both contagious. We were making everything for a while, and then Knecht missed a couple good looks, and then Vescovi missed the most open three you will ever get in this game, and then Zeigler missed the front end of a one-and-one.

Doesn’t help that they’ve gotten an offensive rebound on every missed FT on their end.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Zz basically missed 3 fts and made 1

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

For all the success we’ve had this year, man, this team manages to deflate me quickly.

utvol0427 likes this.
  18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Elite teams are elite teams because they don’t fold due to a team getting a shock lead on 2 minutes of unsustainable shooting.

Tar Volon and tvolsfan like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn’t help that they got 8 FT’s in the last 3.5 minutes. Easier to score when you don’t have to play offense.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Edey had the elbow on Tobe, the over the back with TWO people boxing him out to force the ball out on us, and the fall on JJJ in open court.

Any one of those three would have been obvious. To call none of them is a disaster. And that doesn’t even include the ticky tack shit everybody does and most people get hit on one per game.