2011 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Sep 29, 2011.

1. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

that is arguably the best baseball game i have ever seen. freese' post season performance has been phenomenal.

down to 1 strike away from losing twice and they find a way to win. unreal. i was so fired up after watching that, i almost pulled out the makers and started doing shots at 1am.

2. Vader

Vader New Member

This is weird for me. I am surrounded by Rangers fans and coverage. I like them a lot and went to a game with a buddy this year. My wife and kids are pulling hard for the Rangers. I own a nice Rangers hat and shirt.

I will be very happy for the team and will likely go check out the victory parade if they win tonight. I would take great joy in it if they weren't playing the Cards.

The flip side of this is had that Cardinal comeback happened against any other team in MLB, I would be freaking ecstatic right now. As it stands, I am in awe that I witnessed one of the most exciting games of my life. If the Cards win tonight, a lot of my friends are going to be pissed to see my Cardinals cap in the future.

It is complicated and borderline retarded to pull for two teams.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Fireman falling from the stands and dying in front of his son, then their gesture of having the kid throw out the first pitch in the playoffs make the Rangers the sentimental favorite.

Anyone who missed it.

[video=youtube;3c_rlNT_j9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_rlNT_j9A[/video]

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's tough when you find yourself in a situation where you've moved close to a particular team. You hear about them all the time, you watch most of their games and you have access to watch them live. It's perfectly understandable.

But you're still a bandwagoner, imo, jmo, iyam, jmho.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would imagine there are still a lot of Cardinal fans in the area due to them beign the closest team for so long. Granted, they are all probably old now.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That's understandable.

It's not like you cut ties completely with the team you grew up cheering for and started to pull for their longtime and hated rival or anything.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Now that would just be awful

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I couldn't imagine anyone doing that. I mean, think what it would be like if a guy cheered for the Redskins all his life and then all of the sudden cheered for the Cowboys. That would just be too much.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I can just picture him in his A&M hat if and when they ever beat The Real UT.

10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Just messing, Quids. You're still good people.

11. Vader

Vader New Member

True fan card revoked

That cuts deep.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just kidding. We know where your loyalties lie .... with The 8th Maxim.