2019 Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by YankeeVol, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I haven't watched them play nearly at all this year, but the team I saw tonight was one of the laziest and sloppiest teams I've ever seen. And, the big girls for the Lady Vols might have the worst hands of any player I've seen, as well. It's like they are wearing flippers on their hands.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Their hands were hilariously bad.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

to be fair, they're not used to grabbing balls

hohenfelsvol, Ssmiff and OneForVol like this.
  4. Unimane

I just remember Summitt breathing fire down the necks of players for this kind of play. They'll never get back to prominence, I don't think. The women's equivalent of UCLA.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doubt there are many programs willing to spend the money we are and there’s only one other program with a similar level of prestige. We’d pretty much have to try to not be good again. Of course, this is UT athletics, so that is possible.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Didn’t Phil give them what they wanted.

Could have had a high end proven coach. But he had a [penis] so they’d rather lose with a woman

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The moment was way too big for both the players and coaches. Geno coached circles around Kellie in the second half. He cranked up the press and there was never any adjustment. Once UConn got the lead, UT basically quit competing.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They’ll stay a regular top 20-ish team on talent alone, but absent a quality coach, they’re finished as a regular Final Four / NC contender. At least two programs have already lapped them in the SEC in South Carolina and Mississippi State. And now Kentucky is threatening to knock them down another peg. They beat out UT for a 5 star from Chattanooga.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw the halftime score on Twitter last night, around 8:45 thought I'd flip over and see how it was going.

And then saw they had only scored 11 second half points with 4 minutes to go in the game.

10. Unimane

I actually got angry watching it, though not because it was a Tennessee team losing. Well, not entirely. But, I was pissed as a basketball fan to see how [dadgum] lazy and sloppy they were in areas in which women are usually lauded in the sport. I was insulted to even have to look at the product and inability to both make a simple 10 foot two handed chest pass and give a shit enough to go back on defense or move from one damn spot on the floor for offense.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I was rooting for UCONN to hit a few shots so I could finally flip the channel.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Didn’t watch. Looks like Jolly got out coached at halftime.

Looks like Louisville is decent this year...

13. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Going forward from here is whats important. Get tough KJ.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.