22 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CardinalVol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

F em.

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Garner is still good as ever.

PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yeah he is but post is correct about fewer kids each year who are used to and can handle his type of coaching.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We don't want those kids then. Pretty simple.

5. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

He puts a few in the NFL and the smart ones will handle it just fine.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes and he's got a long history of doing that

zehr27 likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel's mentor is Bob Stoops, he built Oklahoma up quickly going the JUCO route. I bet Heupel is going to hammer the portal and JUCOs the next few recruiting cycles

chavisut, IP and Memtownvol like this.
  8. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

If he can manage to do half of what Stoops did for Oklahoma for us, I for one would be thrilled. Hopefully he can hit that portal hard and have us showing marked improvement by his second year. Also hope he can keep his staff intact as I’m liking what I’ve seen from them as of now.

justingroves likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm guessing none of them came here thinking it would be quick, easy, or a 1 year stepping stone.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This group of coaches seems to be pretty solid, but it's still way early. The last 3 head coaches after year 1 needed an upgrade with at least one position coach, even though in the end all three head coaches sucked.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm okay with a little continuity

Joseph Brant, lylsmorr and Volgrad98 like this.
  12. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

I’m hoping this is true as it could possibly mean they are up for the challenge that is ahead. Also, a little continuity could do us some good on the recruiting trail. It could also mean that CJH is not an insufferable [penis] like the last 3 guys to hold his position.

Now don’t get me wrong, I hope other coaching staffs come calling as that would likely mean Heupel has assembled a competent group. I just hope that we are in a position to bring in even better position coaches when that day possibly comes.

Poppa T and 10SEvols like this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah it seems to me like there are a few teams that are going to hammer the portal, and we're one of them. Definitely puts the recruiting numbers into perspective. Also makes you wonder, how many guys did we take before that were 3-4 star guys that weren't necessarily always going to be busts, but just were too much of a project and not ready to play when they got here and never got the coaching they needed, as opposed to the teams regularly in the top 5-10 range only taking guys ready to play. I think the existence of the portal shows that a lot of 4 stars, a majority even, get ranked on measurables. Teams like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and even teams like Penn St, Michigan, Florida and Oregon can be patient for the ones that are ready to play, whereas your LSUs, Auburns, Tennessees, A&Ms of the world before the transfer portal would take these guys with great measurables and they'd have to coach them up, and sometimes it worked and sometimes not.

14. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just noticed that Dylan Sampson broke the all time Dutchtown High School rushing record held by Eddie Lacy

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If I'm an rb I would be all over this offense.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This offense offers something for everyone. Hell we even throw to tight ends now. What a concept

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Speaking of RB, Clemson transfer Lyn-J Dixon will be visiting tomorrow. He was committed to UT at one point

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

playing time is a available

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Apparently this is who's in town watching this slaughter

10SEvols and Volsdude like this.