A look back at 2010 SEC media days

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 29, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So I was taking a quick look around the internet to see if there was anything to freshen up the Dooley quotes thread, and I found the transcript of his initial press conference from the 2010 media days. A couple of items stood out:

1. I know you have to run the football to be successful on offense, but I also know you have to be multiple. In today's game, to win, you really have to be good at everything.

2. There's nothing more important to me than that, that we go out there and we're a fun team to watch, by the spirit we play with, by how we're not affected by any adversity that happens in the game. And that we go represent with the kind of intangible values that form the basis of our program.

Given the past two seasons, the complete lack of anything resembling a run game this year, embarrassing second half collapses, and the total lay-down we displayed in our last game, does anybody else wonder how we have gotten so far off message?

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Dooley sucks?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

*insert excuse for Dooley here*......

oh wait, the people here are realistic and see how much Dooley sucks too.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Youth and injuries Fulmer and Kiffin

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Bryce Brown

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

1. Evidently having a competent OL coach is helpful for your running game. And a running backs coach might also be desirable. Who knew?

2. It's pretty obvious that the upperclassmen never really bought Dooley's message to begin with. Presumably, the younger guys should, since they've already bought his message once (in recruiting), but I'll believe it when I see it.