A Plea to Tennessee Fans

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't care if you are young, old, rich, poor, east, west, season ticket holder, casual fan, fat, skinny, old school, new school, doctoral candidate or sidewalk alum....please, carefully consider and heed these words, in all cases and without exception:

If shit is not working, and it even appears that it might not be corrected quickly, or at all - fix it, both swiftly and permanently.

Don't wait a second beyond the moment that this realization creeps into your mind. And don't allow any number of unimportant, nonsensical or emotion-based tripe - such as how someone talks, where they are from, their ties to the Tennessee family, the color of their pants, how nice they were to your aunt, how quick their wit, how sincere their efforts, how long they've been here, what it will require to get rid of them, or what it will take to bring the next one in - dissuade you from it.

The only standard, and the truest scorecard is winning. If anyone disagrees with this standard, they are best ignored as having lost their objectivity, are fools, or both.

Every second you delay, no matter how much "hope" and "wishful thinking" you may employ, you're only letting an already bad situation fester into something much, much worse - and you're only make the task of the next person who can fix it, that much more difficult.

Please, the next time that you begin to deviate from the ultimate standard of winning, stop and remember this night. Reexperience the stinging, nagging, and vomitus pain of watching a James Franklin-lead Vandy team blow your beloved Vols completely out of the stadium.

And recall the many times that you gave credence, or even an audience, to anyone who suggested that any coach get "another year" to "turn it around" when it is even suspected that such may fail. And, if in some future setting, you find yourself actually believing the same....remember this night, and stop.

And if you can't stop, then GTFO, because you are nothing more than another shinng facet of a much larger prism of stupidity, and are part of the problem, and not a solution.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is my favorite part. People thought he would fail and still said he "deserves a chance." Lunacy.

3. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

I cannot believe what is happening. Go Baylor:(

4. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

The LSU game told us everything we needed to know.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This certainly applies, and perhaps most strongly, to the many members of the local media - who have defended this nonsense for entirely too long, despite mountainous evidences to the contrary, citing any number of stupid and simply untrue and invalid "facts", and while deriding anyone who saw the writing on the wall after the loss in Lexington.

But for all of their notable nonsense, for those who listen to to them beyond this point, or ever again - your foolishness will have eclipsed even theirs.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Stickied

7. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

The only time one can turn your situation around is when you hit rock bottom. I have followed Tennesee for almost 50 years. This is rock bottom.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Slow Clap

9. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Dooley ,look at us fans in the eye you mofo ,say you did your best leave the money on the table and gtfo.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Rock Bottom.....sucks...

But That's about to change!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  11. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

When he lays it on the table, lets grab it and run like a mofo!

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The handwriting was on the wall in the Georgia game in 2011. It was completely legible by the second half of the Arkansas game. Daniel interpreted it for all of the dimwitted among us in the UK game.

Many of you are clowns --or at least have very little experience watching sports (football in particular)-- for not being able to look at our team last year and tell that we were being coached by an amateur.

Good coaches make progress. You had to know by November of last year that if we were going to turn the corner that you would be able to pick up on it. Teams that improve under a coach show signs of life. You can see a well-coached product on the field with your own eyes. Team last year didn't block, tackle, hustle, or play quickly. It was so ridiculously clear.

The people who have wanted Dooley fired around here have been ridiculed and name-called for retaining the sense that God gave us.

In Daniel, "Mene, mene, tekel, u-pharsin" is what was written on the wall.

Partial Translation: ""You have been weighed in the balances and found wanting."

Very apt.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We are at historic lows, right now. This is arguably the worst three years of Volunteer football in its history. There is no explanation. There are no excuses for this situation, and the leadership of the football team must be held accountable for its performance.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The handwriting was on the wall when we made a panic hire of a losing coach from the WAC because he once coached Tight Ends for Saban and said 'britches.'

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think it

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Brilliant.

17. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

Yes, it does. But it is the only way to get out of the bottom.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't like thinking about it either.

19. Vespid

Vespid Member

Dooley shitt the bed for the last time, at least he will not have Tennessee to kick around any longer.

20. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

I guess we should have canned him after Ky game. I didn't think we should at the time and I was sure wrong.