Adams (Rightfully) Blisters Fulmer aka Dooley Confessions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

At some point, Fulmer just needs to go away. I understand how painful the thought may be to him. How repulsive.
    But its true. He just needs to let the program, and perhaps more importantly, himself, move on.

Link: http://m.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/aug/18/john-adams-phillip-fulmer-needs-to-look-in-a/

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Read that last night. Beautifully written. In my opinion, he could have been a lot rougher.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He kept Randy Sanders for 7 years. He then rehired a guy everyone knew wasn't going to be around long. Then he tried the Clawfense. Pretty obvious where the leadership problem was.

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

My only complaint about Adams is that he was late to the party. He didn't start ringing the Fulmer alarm until 2008.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Adams is a negavol.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

While this is true, Fulmer is one of the men responsible for putting him in the AD seat

7. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

He's just making up for lost time.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

It's not my fault! Too much of an excuse today.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think Fulmer still holds out hope that a program is going to give him another shot. Until he comes to terms that he's done coaching we'll likely never hear the truth from his mouth.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fulmer saying all this stuff doesn't bother me nearly as much as the "See what you got when you fired Fulmer???" crowd.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If I knew in '08 that firing Fulmer would have resulted in 3 years of Dooley, I'd have kept his bumbling fatass.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's certainly easy to say that now.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The results wouldn't have been much different. Fulmer would have hired Adkins or some other unqualified dumbass and then tried to run his archaic offense. Recruiting would have continued to slip and the guys Fulmer would have gotten on campus would have had about a 50% washout rate.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What Tennessee got immediately after firing Fulmer was its only winning season in the last five. That's not where the problem arose.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You would think he'd realize so long after the fact that perhaps he isn't the commodity or asset he thinks he is.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In watching these games that local MNT has been showing over the weekends, even his demeanor changed. You can point blank look at him on the sidelines and notice a difference.

If he would quit deflecting responsibility, I'd probably not loathe the guy as much.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2009 was the last time a Tennessee team won a game in October.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

High risk/high reward hire and Tennessee makes that hire every time. Every one knew going in that it would be a stop gap back to the NFL. A perfect storm occurred and whisked him away.

Drives me crazy when people still get pissy at Kiffin.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Anyone with any sense should have known you had Kiffin for 5 years, tops.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Exactly and how many people did not think ruh roh when USC opened up?