Any Of You's Guy's Had Any Experience With Preemie Babies?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Oct 26, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hadn't thought of it that way. We're at the doctor now with pains and contractions. Could be the day.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good luck with it. Our day came and we still didn't have names for them, so when we walked into their room, they were Baby A and Baby B. Surreal experience. I suspect yours will look nothing like it. We were there for 3.5 months and you'll likely be outta there in a couple weeks at the max.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

best of luck NYYVol.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

False alarm. For now.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's good news

6. WM

WM Active Member

In late. Thoughts are with you and congrats on the good news.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Can't even begin to fathom what that was like. We were told just now that every day he stays in womb is two less in the NICU.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A girl I go to church with had to have an emergency c-section at 25 weeks about two weeks ago and we've all been getting updates from her and her husband. He's tiny, but little guy is a fighter. So far he's doing as well as you could possibly ask.

9. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Both of my daughters came early. The first one was around 4 lbs and the second was at 2.1. My youngest spent about a week in an incubator and scared the crap out of me. She was taken out by C-section when my wife was in for a doctor visit and right then during the sonogram the Doctor jumped up and said the baby is wrapped around the umbilical cord and risk suffocation and/or starvation. I doubt it was 1 hour from the doctors office to when they got my youngest out.

Everything your kid does from here on out is going to scare the shit out of you. Any and all of it. Consider it practice for when you watch your kid run out into a street someday while you are yelling at the top of your lungs for them to stop.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good luck NYY. Wish all the best for you, your wife and your boy

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thanks Lyls.

12. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

Not sure if I'm the only mom here, but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you both and praying for the whole family.

And btw, the reason you don't read a lot of warm fuzzies on the internet about babies who had few issues is because the parents are too busy being goofy googling giggling parents to write about it. And that'll be you soon. :)

To the dads here who have dealt with special babies, I'm seeing you in a different light. Makes a little uncomfortable. :)

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thanks for the kind words VG.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

NYY- what's the latest with everything? Hope all is well.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Goes back tomorrow. Now at 36 weeks, but he's measuring at 37. I imagine if she's beyond 4cm they may go ahead and put her in the hospital. Will know more tomorrow.

Thanks for asking.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well dang, if he's measuring at 37, he's right there at full-term. That's really encouraging. I hope you've got nothing but good news from here on out.

17. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Good stuff. Last week my wife was 34 weeks but measuring at 36 weeks. If my wife makes it full term the doctor was saying our girl should be around 7 to 7.5 lbs and 22 to 23 inches... doubt she makes full term.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea it was great news because he originally was measuring low, than normal. Now he's a week ahead. Doc said lung and body temp issues could still be an issue, but that's a possibility with any baby.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Our daughter was 7lb 2 oz and 21 inches. Good luck with everything. No greater feeling.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Between the four of us (me, you, JZ, and JG) we should get a baby pool going in these parts. Winner gets some 8th maxim swag. What say you?