Any Of You's Guy's Had Any Experience With Preemie Babies?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Oct 26, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thanks.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Good luck! Cut the cord and tell them you want to give him his first bath...

Actually, you don't need luck. Just do whatever she wants and you'll be fine.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This little guy will be the first of four 5-star recruits about to grace 8th maxim with his presence. UT freshman training camp begins in August of 2029 for those scoring at home.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just had a bit of a panic attack hit me when reading that. I'm still holding out hope that he's going to end up being 6'4" and throws left handed. I'm actually thinking about requesting a right-handed sling to put the right hand out of the equation in the formidable years.

Daddy wants that signing bonus.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Switch-hitting catcher, imo.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very good point. Quickest way to the show without the goofiness of a lefty? I may have to lean that way myself.

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Great news so far NY. My twin boys came at 32 weeks, so my experience wasn't nearly as harrowing as BPV's. We spent a month in the NICU and went through a staph infection early on with one of the boys. BPV was very gracious to me at the time, but made me promise not to tell anybody. He didn't want to ruin his bad ass reputation.

The boys were 4.6 pounds and 4.8 pounds. They have hit all their developmental milestones on time. We consider it a tremendous blessing.

I'll tell you what BPV told me at the time they were born. If you have any questions for me at all, you know how to get in touch. Do not hesitate to do so if you need me.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Much appreciated Lex. We realize we have missed the stage that could have been very risky, but we also realize that any pregnancy is a big risk. We're just praying and trying to stay as positive as possible. It's been a long journey the past few months, just hoping we have the same success story.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can't imagine how hard it's been, but the odds are in your favor. best of luck

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Epidural is in. Water is breaking at 8. I'm ready to meet this dude.

11. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

good luck nyyvol!

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not attending the exhibition? Lame.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My wife is selfish. She knew what time tipoff was.

14. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

He'll be born during dancing with the stars! That means future NFL'r!!! YES!!!

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

keep us posted

16. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

For the record, any prizes for spitting a baby out go to me by default since I'm pretty damn sure none of you bone heads have done it.

Did NYY say what they're naming the little guy?

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Baby Cayson Blake H. born at 9:39 pm. 7 lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. He and Mom are doing well. Just monitoring his temperature at the moment, but all seems well. We greatly appreciate all the kind words and prayers that's been lifted up. Will throw a pic up once I can upload it to the computer.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Great news! Two quick questions: Fluid hips? Fast-twitch?

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Waiting on sab to get here with the stopwatch.

I hear the ice cream truck outside, he must be here.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's hilarious. It really is.

Isn't there a big sister to Cayson or am I imagining that?