Anyone who thinks Dooley can't manage games....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 19, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a "payback" play. I have no problem with it. Vandy's OL has done that shit all year. It takes a pretty big set for a 180 lb QB to return the favor. The sad part is not one of Tennessee's 300 lb linemen did it.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have no problem with the payback. Just who dished it out. I agree that it is sad that someone much larger didn't have the balls to do it.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

he said they came after him twice. do we know when the 1st time was?

i finally caught the replay on the show and it definitely looked like the Vandy player made a move toward him first. i don't have a problem with that if it's what you feel like you need to do to protect yourself or send a message or whatever. he probably shouldn't have bragged about it in the press conference.

after the Couch play, i'm inclined to believe the fact they were looking for a cheap one on him.

still, i agree, he's not the one who needs to be the enforcer.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bob Kessling said the ball was 5 yards from crossing the LOS.

I only saw from the last 4 minutes of the 3rd on. I was in my truck for the rest of it.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Palardy throwing a pass on a fake punt is probably the best thing we have going on in the kicking imo.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Dooley and crew stopped recruiting the only OL they have a legit shot of getting, fire them all now.

7. JayVols

I do like the fact that a guy that could be an extra for a Nazi concentration camp documentary has enough son-of-a-[itch bay] in him to not take any cheap shot crap from anyone.

8. JayVols

It looked really bad from where I was sitting. Even a bunch of Vandy fans in front of me had a WTH? look on their faces.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This isn't the first time Franklin has acted like this, nor his staff. They did this in the Georgia game, too. Franklin's a big [itch bay] and I think he encourages dirty play by his players. Suddenly, a new coach comes and they are cheap-shotting people right and left? That's Franklin, to me. I'm sure, though, he will call into all the talk shows Monday and they will be falling over themselves to suck his [penis] first.

Franklin is a dipshit who isn't nearly the coach Johnson was. Johnson at least beat Auburn, Boston College, etc. in a year with a much tougher East.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And people wonder why Da'Rick and the rest of the O plays harder when he's at QB.

I hope Marcus Jackson and Tiny turn into the type that will hurt people that get near Bray. Schoefield had it last year but he's disappeared on the depth chart. The rest of the OL seem to not have that mean streak.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's the issue for me. There just seems to be a pattern with him.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I never thought as much of Johnson as everybody else did.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It's always nice when the previously bilnd begin to see the light. I thought having to burn a timeout on 3rd and 350 in the third quarter because we didn't have enough offensive players on the field was the coaching highlight of the evening.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, the Coaching issues are impossible to deny for anyone with a single firing synapse in their brain. If Dooley doesn't make some staff changes in the off-season, one will have to assume he is a source, if not at least indirectly culpable for it.

15. Unimane

Previously blind? What the [uck fay] are you talking about?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are many people who drink the Dool-aide and defend everything that happens as not his fault. That is becoming intellectually dishonest. He and his staff clearly have major issues that are directly faults of their's, and he needs to address that in the off-season.

17. Unimane

That's fine and I agree about this statement. The only problem I've always had about hat in regards to Dooley is that his opinion was made up the day the guy was hired and hat has only sought to highlight information to justify that original position.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

My favorite part was how they still didn't line up right.

This stuff wouldn't be as concerning if it was his 5th game. In his 5th year, it's scary.

19. Unimane

To be fair, I saw the Packers blow two TOs today as well because of misalignments and an expiring play clock. It's never going to be perfect, so I wonder if people are sometimes [itch bay]ing because of preconceived notions, at times. However, it is something that needs to be addressed and I also think there's something to be said for reviewing the desirability of retaining a coach or two.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I dunno, I was also a fan of a 20 yard gain and having to call a TO because we couldn't get lined up.....for about the 5th or 6th time this year.

Our second half timeouts usage -

1. A big play and we couldn't get lined up

2. Third and 39 on the 5 and we didn't have enough guys on the field.

3. Wasted 12-14 seconds off the clock to call a TO with 2 seconds left to down it.