Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SetVol13, Nov 1, 2011.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Yes sir ... my protest for the miscarriage of justice that is HOF induction!

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

These should help get you fired up for Opening Day:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3 still to come

Which reminds me, **** Joe Simpson.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Huddy on the mound tomorrow. **** those bastard ass Phillies, 163 losses wouldn't be enough for them.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not a Joe Simpson fan?

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I used to enjoy listening to Joe and Skip. Don Sutton and Pete Van Weiren were total snoozers. I don't like listening to Chip Caray too much. He says a lot of dumb stuff and is a closet Cubs fan. Brings up the Cubs in almost every broadcast.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

joe Simpson and Pete Van Weiren were my favs.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I agree but don't begrudge him too much for that. He learned baseball through the Cubs so it would be difficult, I assume, to not be a closet fan.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not really, no. He was trashing the fans on the national broadcast, which I had forgotten. Not especially impressed in general with how the Braves have handled the TV side of things back to when they dumped Skip and Pete to radio 10 years ago.

9. yont sum iss?

The radio broadcasts start getting good around the 6th or 7th inning. That's when Don's wine starts to take effect.

10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Anyone catch the game last night? Everybody loves the long ball, I know. Good win ... f.u.c.k. the phillies all day uryday!

Side note: Did you guys see Andrelton Simmons at SS??? Holy crap!! This kid has a CANNON for an arm!! Ozzie-esque defense out there at short ... nice job kid!

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sadly, I didn't see it. Got some excited texts from brother. I wish the pitcing had been a little better, but that's still a great lineup they were going against. Aside from McCann, Hudson's my favorite player on the team, but I am a little worried that he will decline this year. 37 years old now.

I think we'd be the best team in baseball if Chipper would come back and play for cheap.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I didn't see all of it but I certainly enjoyed the offense. I didn't think Hudson did that well.

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm not sure when you started watching but he did so-so up until the 4th and 5th when he was pulled. He's always allowed base runners and relied on DP balls to get him self out of a jam. He lost some control in the 5th, bases got packed and Utley hit a seeing eye single that drove in two runs. I was most concerned at how he couldn't work the plate like he usually does. Maybe he'll settle in or maybe Medlen ends up the #1 ... who knows.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Anyone watch the game on Fox Sports South last night? They were interviewing Evan Gattis' father in the stands when he hit that homerun. What a proud moment that must have been for his father.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Only caught the last three or four innings. Definitely a great moment.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The Cubs are just terribad

17. yont sum iss?

Epicness tonight. Even if it was just against the Cubs.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Tonight was special. Watch that be the reoccurring theme this year.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Dang. I missed a classic.

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yeah me too, changed it to the basketball game when it got 5-2