Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SetVol13, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Freeman is young and dumb. He'll get over it. I guess somebody had to take over the role of making dumbassed comments from Chipper.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Ramiro Pena, who knew?

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Smashlanta.

4. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Or, as Joe Simpson is trying to make stick, the Peach Clobbers.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I could maybe get behind Peach Clobblers (note the extra 'l') in a lame-jokey manner. That's as far as I go.

Clobblers = pun, Clobbers = dyslexia.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dixie Sticks

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Best record in the majors right now.

8. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I hope they cans string ten or more in a row about seven times and them they should see some October play!

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well if they did that and only won 40% of their other games then they'd have 110 wins. So yeah. October. What I would like to see is them string together 10 in a row once. IN October.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Yes make me feel like 91 all over again!

11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Nothing was going the Braves way last night. I left and went to the bar in the 7th inning because I just couldn't watch any longer. While it's still too early to talk about meaningful games, stringing together some moments like that can define a season.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Another win in Washington today

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Over Strasburg no less. Oddly, best start since 1994, when they were on their way to wasting it when the season was canceled.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

"Win, win, win."--Skip Caray

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Upton bombing again

17. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I would like to take this time to thank Kevin Towers for giving away Justin Upton for practically nothing.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Braves looking good again today. Saw them play the Nationals last year in Atlanta and the Braves looked absolutely awful. Different story today.

19. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'd like to make a plea that Gattis be exempt from performance enhancing drug testing for the foreseeable future ... oh, and take your time and get healthy McCann cause your back-up is killing it right now!

He's young and it's fun to see a young catcher throw down a 2-0 changeup sign and Huddy look at him like, "Are you ****ing serious? Alright, let's get it!" Awesome stuff right now.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

They're playing well in every aspect right now. Pitching is solid and the run support has been there for the most part. I hope the trend continues but they'll cool down eventually. I'm enjoying the run right now though and with the Royals on deck next (I believe) it should continue. I thoroughly enjoyed sweeping the Nat's. Tired of hearing about how awesome they are and blah...suck it!