Beer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Try a tailgate peanut butter beer or got to get up to get down coffee beer.

chavisut likes this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

These are both good beers and definitely a good start to see if you are gonna like stouts.

justingroves likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Don’t drink GGUTGD too late or you’ll be up all night.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Coffee beer? Yall got covid and must not be able to taste

5. chavisut

Don't knock it till you try it. Some of the best beers I've ever enjoyed have had coffee base.

justingroves likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's pretty good and I'm not a coffee guy

7. Ssmiff

Alright im gonna try to find one tomorrow for my liquid lunch

8. Ssmiff

Just found a 6 pack of 420 in the garage. Dont care for it.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t like all the coffee ones but I feel like GGUTGD blends real well with the stout. Honestly anything Wiseacre is good

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Coffee? Sucks.
    Beer? Sucks.

Coffee Beer? That must be all kinds of level of disgusting.

11. chavisut

I love coffee more than beer. Pour over with fresh ground beans can’t be beat.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

420s aren’t really that great. I prefer the IPA (yellow can) if we’re talking mass produced Sweetwater. Don’t get me wrong, I drink them and don’t mind but I would consider it more the light beer of craft beers.

If you like Shinerbock, definitely explore the German beers. I’m honestly not a particularly big fan of German brewing, so I can’t recommended a place personally, but my friends say Von Elrods is a decent place in Nashville to start. I can really only drink Pils, Lagers and Hellas beers myself, but if you’re into malts over hops, German is it. Even like a good Rauchbier too, but I can’t seem to find a decent one here.

I’ve been trying really hard to branch out on coffee. I started drinking it really only because my wife did, as I don’t particularly find hot beverages in general to be enjoyable. But I have gotten a lot better and can actually order for myself now, instead her asking me a million questions about what I like. I’d still drink it iced every day if she’d agree.

Ssmiff and chavisut like this.
  13. chavisut

There any coffee roasters in Knoxville?

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, so HoneyBee is one that has really come on in the last few years. The owner is my co-workers BIL so it’s been cool to watch him grow. Former NASCAR driver Trevor Bayne opened a coffee shop in Powell, and basically learned the ropes from him first (it was good deal on both side$). HoneyBee has a couple locations, in SoKno and off Lovell Rd.

And there’s one in Maryville, Quick-Fix that’s really good, who recently moved from a mobile trailer to a brick and mortar building.

chavisut likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I used to really like 420, but haven’t had one in quite a while

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I hated coffee forever because I can't do hot drinks. Finally tried cold brew once and now I drink it all the time. Cold brew black or with a splash of milk is my go to at home now. I'll get it with a couple of shots espresso if I'm out somewhere.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Boy, chavis was right, this Bourbon County release is fantastic. I only got the flagship and none of the variants, but it's the best one in a few years I think

chavisut likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Where did you get it?

19. chavisut

@Ssmiff you end up trying anything?

20. Ssmiff

no ate Cajun Steamer today and one beer with it made me stuffed. Gonna try to grab something tomorrow before the game