Beer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

New Belgium Atomic Pumpkin is pretty damn good

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dunno if you can get Black Abbey Chronicles out there, but it’s great

justingroves likes this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh, and Paulaner’s Oktoberfest Marzen should be relatively easy to come by and is still one of the better ones I’ve found

A-Smith likes this.
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

[uck fay] me, I left off one of my favorites, Bearden Beer Market. They’ve been making some really really good beers of their own.

They started brewing around March of 2020 and as you all know, we came into a lot of free time about then as well. I think I had 65-75 of their beers last year. Maybe more, if I looked at Untapped.

chavisut likes this.
  5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I really need to create an Untapped.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Found some KBS Cinnamon Vanilla Cocoa last night. One of last years specials, the Mackinac Fudge, was fantastic so I have high hopes. I’m not a big fan of the Espresso (or many coffee beers for that matter) so I skipped it this year

7. chavisut

I loved the Espresso…..let me know how the CVC is.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Early opinion after I just opened it and let it get to temperature, kind of reminds me of the Stone Barrel Aged Xocaveza but much better.

Outside of Espresso, all of the KBS’s have been some of the exceptions to the coffee beer rule for me. They do a good job of balancing the coffee with the other flavors. The super coffee forward stuff just doesn’t always work for me for whatever reason, and I love coffee

Don’t get me wrong, Espresso is good, but not something I can justify spending 25 dollars per 4 pack on

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Back to the Oktoberfest question, the Hutton and Smith Oktoberfest is very good. They are a pretty rock solid brewery

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Introducing my wife to Samuel Smith’s organic chocolate stout and tbh I forgot how delicious it is

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

She's had it before. Trust me

12. chavisut

Stoutmas Season is upon us.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

the seasonal IPA Highland put out is pretty good. Rustic Ridge or something like that. Seems like Highland does most things right

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Highland is always good and always consistent. I don’t know that they ever do anything great, but you always know what you’re getting.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So there were two “wheat beers” that I legitimately enjoyed (not counting Trappist style beers as wheats because it’s a different animal). Generally speaking, I am not at all a wheat beer guy

One is Three Floyd’s Gumballhead, but Three Floyd’s rarely misses on anything

The other is Bell’s Oberon. Just a really good, clean, refreshing beer

Bell’s also has Uberon, which is a bourbon barrel aged Oberon. Holy shit y’all. There are now three wheat beers that I legitimately enjoy

Fair warning, at 11.3% it will knock you on your ass in a hurry if you aren’t careful

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve always been a big fan of Three Floyds. It’s about ten miles south of where my mom grew up. Can’t get it around here, but I always get some when I’m in Indiana.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hopefully y’all get distribution soon, we have it in Mid-TN. So I pick up Gumballhead and Zombie Dust, in particular, quite a bit

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Cold Mountain is another good offering from Highland

19. chavisut

Had one of my Bourbon Counties last night. Not quite on par with last years but still excellent.

20. JohnnyQuickkick