Butch Blaming Players

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

While he doesn't do it publicly, at least to my knowledge, he is alleged to routinely blame players behind closed doors, in team meetings and such.

Will be interesting to see how this strategy plays out for him, considering the gaffes he has personally made, and if true.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

**** him and **** the AD he rode in on.

3. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

He does seem to be the type to make excuses and not accept blame. If his coaching abilities were the size of his ego we would be 4-0 and not in the middle of a shit storm.

4. NorrisAlan

My only hope is that he does his best Woody Hayes impersonation and attacks one of his own players.

I hope it is Hurd.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

McKenzie or Tuttle....

6. NorrisAlan

I don't know. I always have this feeling big guys like that are gentle off the field. Hurd looks like he would mud stomp you then crash his car into the ambulance while it was taking you to the hospital.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I wish he just went after Striker from OU and got it over with.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Saying in a press conference that they coached well enough to win a game that the team lost is essentially blaming the players. The losses have to be on someone and he clearly doesn’t think it is on the coaching staff.

9. NorrisAlan

You see, that would actually require him doing an ACTUAL Woody Hayes impersonation. I said his BEST Hayes impersonation, which would be attacking his own player behind closed doors.

If he was anything like Hayes we would be swimming in wins and getting laid every night (fans and players alike).

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cam

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Abso-freaking-lutely. He shit all over the players there. He's a piece of shit out to save his hide.

12. NorrisAlan

And you know they are smart enough to pick up on that. One of the big reasons I have no doubt we lose this game this weekend.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I can't imagine that he isn't close to losing the team.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think they lose this weekend. If they do, Jones will be in serious jeopardy of being canned by the end of the year.

15. NorrisAlan

I don't know. Many seem to think that nothing on the field can get him fired this year. But I cannot imagine that is true. I honestly cannot see him surviving a 4-8 season, and I think we are 2-5 before the KY game and who knows at that point.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's had a 3 year shelf life everywhere he's been for a reason

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He's a POS coach, that doesn't have the first [dadgum] clue about what he's doing.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

4-8 doesn't get him fired, without a whale in waiting, IMO.

19. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

exactly how did he get this job in the first place? he had to be like a 7th or 8th choice. I know the Gruden and Charlie Strong deals but how exactly did we end up with this clown?

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Par for the course, if true