Charles Mosley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 6, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Supposedly has looked really good at dt, considering he's coming off a nasty leg injury.

If he's serviceable, between McKenzie, Tuttle and him, that's 1,000 lbs of defensive tackle that have 3 years together. Tennessee has been terribly undersized there for awhile. No more starting defensive tackles weighing in at 275/280 lbs.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vickers, O'Brien and Picou are all going to be around the 280 mark, but there's options now. The sheer size, regardless of talent, helps against the run.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Tuttle has also looked good according to Jancek.

6. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

This defensive line has a chance to be stupid good, this year and beyond...but why Hendrix decided to leave is beyond me--Stripling even said that he thought he had more pure (if not raw) talent than Barnett. You'd think that, even if he doesn't get a starting nod, as deep as this crew is, everyone will get a chance to contribute.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was expected, though. Mosley was a guy that was expected to be a guard then suffered an injury and missed a year of work

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Best I can tell, he was promised the moon and didn't expect Barnett to out work him

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I didn't expect a H.S. senior (not named Mckenzie) at a strength/power position to come in and get this strong of reviews.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okay

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Dudes legit. Long time 5*. Dropping to 4* although borderline 5 is / was a joke. imo

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

A dominant D line can take you a long way...

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We're gonna be huge on the inside the next few seasons.

14. NorrisAlan

NYY has been promising me this for two years now and nothing.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Especially if you've got some talent in other spots on the defense, like Sutton and Randolph in the backfield and JRM at linebacker and an offense that can move the ball consistently

16. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

17. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

18. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

well done, norris.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

it's funny, the last article I saw in the 2015 hype thread mentioned that our biggest question mark would be whether or not the defense would be able to keep up with an offense that will have no trouble scoring

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think the chances that the offense sucks is far higher than the chances that the d sucks.