Dalton Santos Vol For A Couple Months

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vols kick balls, Aug 5, 2011.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

MZTerry is a bloody douche.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

she's a VFL, [uck fay] you

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Fostermom wannabe

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

He was until Texas offered. Not sure how many people told them no before they finally offered, but they did and Santos went running. Can't blame a kid for deciding to play for the school he's a fan of.

BearCat204 likes this.
  5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can't either, but I would have an issue knowing that I was the fall back plan. That's just me.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

QFT, the second he got the Texas offer, he was gone......no matter how many times after the texas offer OCI claimed he would still be "VFL".

7. JayVols

Kiss of death, imo.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Life goes on, but it would have been fun watching him at Tennessee

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I heard from a friend this morning that Rivals Radio claimed him to be the best LB in this class. As of this morning he was still just the 16th best ILB and still a 3 star, but found it interesting nonetheless. I even asked my friend if they said "best remaining LB in this class" and his response was "That's what I kept waiting to hear, but they just said best." Found that humorous that he suddenly an unworldly power all of a sudden.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed. Sucks for us, but you can't blame him. Wish him nothing but the best.

11. JayVols

Rivals hates us......

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

On TOS someone said that the guy was joking and trying to poke fun at UT fans for thinking so highly of Santos.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

well now that just makes too much sense. No way that's the answer.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not a true-fan IMO.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

ESPN has him rated #1 ILB. Could be where it came from.

Strikes me as a classic case of the truth being somewhere in the middle, by the way.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

At least it didn't come like a thief in the night. Good luck to him. I appreciate him not screwing us by waiting until signing day.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I dont think he will do well in that Texas defense (Ive been wrong before). He is going to be asked to cover a lot of space in that scheme and with that pass happy conference. I think he would have thrived here playing close the the los and focusing on movement between the tackles. JMO

JayVols likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Makes sense to me, bearcat.

19. JayVols

Good observation. I completely agree with this conclusion.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Santos used that exact rationale at his Tennessee commitment ceremony explaining why he wanted to play in the SEC over the Big 12. He knows what he is getting into and doesn't care. We had no chance of keeping him. Can't fault Dooley here, but I'd have liked to keep him. If we hang onto Ortha, though, we'll be fine.