Despressing?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Oct 2, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that is a bitter pill, knowing that 4 SEC teams are probably going to get easy wins off of them, when we had to go at them at full strength.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Didn't root for either. The outcome just happened to help us in the east (which is needed).

I think Bama claimed another NC after the win.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Well now, I hoped Florida would lose, but I wasn't enthusiastic about wanting Alabama to win or anything. It's still a win for Alabama, after all.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Classic long-time loser behavior. I figured we weren't quite there yet. You watch a UT game in any bar in Memphis and there's 20 Tiger fans rooting harder for UT's opponent than they ever will for any football team ever... until UT's next game. Same thing in Nashville with Vaginderbilt fans.

5. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

why dislike a team based upon how a few fans act? I think each team has its bad eggs, but at the same time, the true fan of each fanbase is not what we encounter at games..I have come into contact with many "lunatic" Tennessee fans, but when I start talking I realize I know more about their depth chart than them...so I don't base a dislike on a handful of fans (like you say about a few SC fans who have a holier than now mentality)...but I look at the TRUE Tennessee fans I know like yourself and volfanjo who live and bleed UT...that is how I base feelings on a fanbase...

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you can't hate the other teams in your league why be a fan?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's why I hate Auburn and Georgia.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

In that particular case Im not sure one stomping the other is worth the enjoyment due to one of them winning.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I understand what your'e saying, but everywhere I've ever been I've had to deal with a lot more USCe fans than I have Auburn fans. its' really the only thing I have to go on when it comes to hating both teams. Perhaps if I knew more Auburn fans, it would be different. Instead, I think I can name two legit Auburn fans that I know, and I never see either of them. USCe also has a slew of fans that only like them because they can get shirts and hats that say Cocks on them (cue the Beavis and Butthead laughter). In Northeast TN USCe fans were far more prevalent (both legit fans and the hahaha, hehehehe go Cocks fans), in Hampton Roads, VA they were more prevalent, in Maryland they were even a couple there. USCe has quite a following here in Fayetteville, as you probably already know.