Duck Hunting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Nov 12, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Where on the lake?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of garlic.

A whole lot of garlic.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Close to the Danville boat ramp. It's right where Houston and Stewart counties meet

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I spend a lot of time on Kentucky Lake, but it is quite a bit north of that, around the Aurora/Jonathon Creek area.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Cut the duck breasts in circles, marinate in Italian dressing, wrap in bacon w/ jalepeno pepper on top held together w/ toothpick and bake it. The only way I will eat it.

Goose on the other hand is not bad. I soak the breasts for abt 18 hours in salt water. It helps get the gamey taste out. I then cook it in a crock pot with bbq sauce. Goose also makes pretty decent jerky.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Duck gumbo, duck dressing or cut it into chunks, soak it, wrap it in maple bacon and grill it.

7. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Right up by me. If your ever up that way and need some new lures stop by Fishermans Headquarters in Draffenville, they sponsor our team.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Sorry for the slow response, as I haven't been back to the thread. The company I worked for owned a club there and we took clients there for the entirety of the hunting season each year. Was some good hunting and some epic stories.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Any luck this season?