Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Recovered well from my cavity search at Best Buy. Loving this game so far.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Having trouble resisting...

3. WM

WM Active Member

My small gripe, don't like the map setup. Keep it simple.
    Just roaming the landscape. Have no intentions of advancing in the storyline anytime soon.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you don't like the real time 3D representation? I could see that. Beats Morrowind's awkward DEM though. Didn't fit in a fantasy setting.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

WM, is this a must-buy? Am I needlessly punishing myself by waiting?

6. WM

WM Active Member

In my world, yes it's a must buy. Then again I am one that never really gets into the shooter games.
    Just go get it. It will keep eating at you until you do. It's a game you will still be playing years down the road.

7. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Great game! I am set for the week. Scrolls and BF3.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I have been neglecting MW3 because of Skyrim. The scary thing about this game (for me anyway) is time flies when you're playing. Friday night I started playing around 8:30ish and the next time I looked at the clock it was around 1:30am. I thought to myself damn, I've been playing for 5 hours? Sure doesn't feel that way because I haven't accomplished shit....just been running around.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Lvl 13 Orc with warewolf capability...........come at me bro

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Would have to know your computer specs, like chipset and what kind of video card. Bassman would probably be the best one to weigh in here due to the fact that he is the biggest nerd I know.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Sweet. I chose a dark elf and am at level 7 I think.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

What do you currently have? I can help you...

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I did some research on the Intel card you currently have. It meets the minimum specs, but isn't on the list of games it will support:

Intel® G45 Express Chipset — Game playability on Microsoft Windows Vista*

Here's a link to the recommended specs and minimum specs for Skyrim:

Bethesda Reveals PC Requirements for Skyrim

Here's the NVIDIA card on Newegg for $99: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N26UD-896M REV2.0 GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Here's the ATI card on Newegg for $109: Newegg.com - DIAMOND A4890PE51G Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Both are express cards but take up two slots on your board so you need to make sure you have an open slot next to it available. For what it's worth, I prefer NVIDIA to ATI/AMD.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Make sure that before you go buying new graphics cards, check the power requirements and make sure your rig has the proper power supply to run it. Ive learned this lesson the hard way after chasing my tail for a week trying to figure out why my new graphics card wouldnt work when I was using a 120 power supply :)

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yes, very important. I just assumed QP would know to do that.

QP - what kind of desktop/tower do you have? Is it homemade or HP, Dell, etc?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That character must be one ugly mother[uck fay]er.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looking forward to building my own computer rig in a couple of years, when I finally end the vow of poverty that is grad school. So tired of working for free. By the way, the USGS are a bunch of slavery-loving mooching mo'fo's.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Which model?

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yup, looks like the child of a silver back and rosie o'donnell