Emain and Dooz present: The official Niners thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Oct 2, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's gotten the entire team to take on Gore's and Willis' personality. It's kind of scary.

I have been on the Harbaugh bandwagon for a long time.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

harbaugh's an asshole. always has been. bet harbaugh would have kicked his ass if they went one on one though.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

At least I still have the Niners. Hope they bust some ass tomorrow.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

it wasn't pretty but it works.

schedule is working like this thing may be locked up by week 11.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Frisco goes to Washington, then has the Giants and Cardinals at home. It is entirely possible that they go into that Thanksgiving Ravens matchup at 10-1 with the division in the bag. The scary thing is, if they beat the Giants and the Ravens don't figure shit out on offense by the time that game comes around, 13-3 looks like a worst case. That would certainly be good enough for a bye and a home game in the playoffs.

Also, my girlfriend ordered me a Gore jersey for my birthday. Hopefully it is better luck than my #10 Vols jersey.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, currently leading the league in rushing and scoring D. The passing D is in the bottom third, but a lot of that stems from playing the Eagles, Cowboys and Lions, who are all top third passing offenses. When you are 2nd in the league in turnover differential and rock solid against the rush, you can afford to give up some passing yards though.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

7-1. Offense had a hard time at times today, but Gore still rushed for 100+, Smith played reasonably well and the defense was stout. On to next week with the Giants at Candlestick. Should be a good one.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

this team is a legit Super Bowl threat.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It's like we played with them for three quarters then said, "enough of this shit, bend over."

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Need to go ahead and put it away on the next possession.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Justin Smith is a mother[uck fay]ing man.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

8 and [uck fay]ing 1. Bring it NFL.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i kept thinking no way they can convert ANOTHER 4th down. and they kept doing it. until Justin Smith came through.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've been thinking about this for a while now, after watching what Harbaugh has done with Alex Smith: Is Andrew Luck really that great?

He's a good QB, but the offense Harbaugh runs minimizes how a QB can screw it up. Run a lot of play action and let your TEs beat single coverage by a LB. It's a great gameplan but it doesn't take a "great" QB to look good running it.

If Luck is a bust, you can say I called it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't give you credit for calling it unless you put your considerable e-cred on the line and say he will be.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Have I earned enough credits here to buy it back if I'm wrong?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I think you have one "j/k" card by now.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

luck's arm is pretty overrated and yes it's easy to look good when you never get any pressure on you when throwing the ball and have a great running game. but i still think he'll be a solid nfl qb.

19. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i've never been a huge niners fan, but you really have to respect harbaugh for what he has done with this team. it's pretty amazing. they have to be making some teams in the nfc worried. they are pretty much playing for a bye week already.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If they just win the games left that they should win, and drop games to the Ravens and Steelers, they will finish 13-3. No way that doesn't get them a home game and first round bye.