Eric and Other Site Posters

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 13, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is pretty much an online verbal Fight Club, so if anyone knows how to contact someone mentioned here, by all means feel free to bring them here.

Or start an online fight, then invite them.

[youtube]ss9HhiReXmE[/youtube]

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

His meltdown in the Bryce Brown recruiting thread was epic.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You know, I used to wonder if VG could have hung in here, had she stayed. Might have been like Eric and hung around long enough to turn it around. Or, she could have been like several - dozens, even - who came here under their "known" user name, or some BS alias, got it handed to them, and left.

Freak would never come here. First, he's better off acting like we don't exist. Second, I'd say he's plenty busy with his own site. Third, his coming here would not count as a "click-through" for VN, rendering it meaningless. And fourth, this really isn't his type of crowd, what with all of the free-flow exchange of comments in a near penalty-free environment.

They're both doing just fine where they are, and neither would likely come here. But, they would be as welcome as anyone else has been made, no matter the past.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Like Eric. Broke his balls quite a bit, but all in good fun. Crazy thing is, we've been back and forth on these message boards since '05 or '06, at least in my case..some of you have been on Vols forums even longer. After a decade of frequent communication, whether we agree or disagree, you're message board family at this point.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think Vader may have been on here as Spunkle or Wes Craven.

Believe it or not, I don't ever recall interacting with him over there, either.

Son is doing fine - thanks for asking.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, I started posting on VN in '05. Crazy to think I've been having internet conversations with some people for nearly ten years.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Lord Vader used to post here as well. Check some of the jmoore threads for proof

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I wish Lex would post more, and I like the professor at UAB, even if I can't remember his user name right now.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Professor at UAB?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Volinbham

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's him. Seems like a solid guy.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ah yes. Awesome guy

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'd like to get a few of the strokes (old and new) from the racing forum over for some gloves off debates.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not a fan personally, but it takes all kinds.

15. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Very few quality posters left on toos, very few. My breaking point was last offseason when I went 5-6 pages after it was proposed that we were comparably, arguably more, talented than Oregon due to recruiting class and individual rankings, etc. I couldn't f'ing belive what I was reading.

I don't venture into the football forum much and the recruiting forum isn't much better anymore.

Quality of posters is significantly higher here...even if you need a graduate degree to be able to decipher what the hell some of you are saying.

...and kidbourbon, I used "exponentially" correctly the other day, by God.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd like to get Nerd over here. Don't always agree with him, but dude likes him some racing.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Literally?

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We smart herr.

19. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

...well, at least in the sense of how it was explained to me.

I don't do math damn it!

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Just leave the other Memphis Grizzlies misfits there.