Federal Government tries to block Alabama Immigration Law

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Oct 10, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like a short-sighted goal. Mexicans are a conservative lot at the end of the day. After a generation or two, they could be a Republican boon.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The reason is pretty simple. When they get here they're gonna vote legal or not. Who are they gonna vote for? Doubt its the guy wanting a fence and armed guard waiting to meet their cousins trying to pass thru.

Where there are votes to be had, the country is an after thought. That goes for both parties.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

People underestimate the power of chicken plants

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I dont see a problem with the law, however Im not a legal expert. Curious as to what the legal precedent for it being thrown out is?

5. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

The way I see it, the federal government is responsible with protecting the borders of the United States. They are doing a half-ass job at best. So, if they cant do what they are suppose to do, then it is left up to the States to protect their own borders

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I honestly dont see a problem with having to provide a birth certificate to prove citizenship if you are attending a public school paid for with public tax dollars. I will gladly send my daughters birth certificate and laminate the [uck fay]er as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Supreme Court has already prohibited those sort of registration procedures exactly in cases going back 20 years. Why?

1. There is no legal precedent for punishing children for the acts of their parents (let alone a non-violent act)

2. It only adds to the problems already existing of having uneducated folks making an underclass, which will inevitably lead to them being criminals as well (unless you think the children of illegal immigrants are already "criminals" for being born).

3. Driving away immigrants doesn't fix the underlying labor issues that brought them here. Alabama farmers are already warning of labor shortfalls from workers leaving. Bearcat, are you going to start picking fields?

4. It has the same provisions found in the Arizona Law that was struck down as unconstitutional recently. It isn't going to pass because it isn't in keeping with the constitution. The State of Alabama will likely expend millions of dollars trying to fight such a ruling, at the cost of Alabama taxpayer, when it is already doomed.

The whole thing is steeped in ignorance. Just like Alabama.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Thanks, appreciate it.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have no problem with men that want to work. I would much rather give a job to someone, regardless of their legality, if they will work than some lazy son of a [itch bay] that complains the whole time about how hot it is or how hard it is.

10. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

There is more to it than they are hard workers. Taxpayers are educating their kids, providing medical care, public services, yet they do not pay income tax. What money they dont spend here, goes directly to Mexico. That is money taken out of our economy and used in Mexico. I have stopped many illegals and they would have thousands of dollars in cash on them. They dont use banks. The only way they circulate money back into the economy is through local sales tax or rent.

Went into one house on a call and there were 20 living in the same house. Probably paying 300 a month for rent. They were pissing in the air vents and crapping in 5 gallon buckets.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You really think these workers are making enough money to pay income tax? That is a very empty argument.

Why is it horrible for a migrant worker to send extra money home, but companies, multinational corporations, and investors are allowed to send money and jobs other places at much higher rates?

Why should anyone be required to use a bank, given the growing fees involved if you don't have large amounts of cash within the bank at one time?

How is only circulating money back into the economy through applicable taxes and rent any different from many, many, members of the very wealthy?

12. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I have arrested illegals that have more cash on them than I have in my bank account.

Again, it is more to it than just jobs.

How many are criminals? Drug dealers?

Its just not your father or mother looking for a better living.

Ever heard of MS-13? Violent gang started in the Salvadoran prison community. They first showed up in Los Angeles in the early 80's. They are now responsible for more drugs in this country than the Columbians. They bring dope up through Mexico, using illegals to mule it over the border. They don't abide by our laws and will shoot anybody that gets in there way. There are active members of MS-13 in many states, most of them illegals.

Among these illegals, are ones released from prisons in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, etc. They release them and send them here, because its cheaper than housing them. Same thing Castro did in the early 80's.

Do you really want murderers, rapist, and drug dealers freely coming across the border without some enforcement?

They are considered third world countries for a reason

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what you are saying is, legal citizens are never criminals...? Criminals are criminals, their immigration status has nothing to do with it. And I doubt the criminals that are undocumented immigrants have children enrolled in school. Furthermore, don't see how not allowing their children to get an education will affect them (criminals) in any way.

Checking the immigration status of school children has nothing to do with the problems you have described.

14. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

No doubt that we have criminals, but why would you want to allow more into this country?
    Doesn't make sense. Its like saying I already have a drug dealerr living next to me, might as well let another one move in across the street. They are just trying to make a living afterall

Yes, gang bangers have kids and they go to school.

Also, when you check their status and they are illegal, then their parents are illegal.

Most people don't realize the negative impact illegals have on local economies.

How many illegals have DLs and insurance?

What happens when they have a wreck? Who pays?

Do you think they tested to drive in their previous country?
    Do they follow the same traffic laws?
    How much does it cost to get documents printed in different languages?
    How much did it cost Tennessee taxpayers to support illegals on Tenncare?
    Whose paying for the officer to respond to calls where illegals are involved?

Do you think a guys going to hire an American and pay him $15 an hour to frame a house, then pay his insurance, retirement, and workers comp, when he can hire an illegal for $6 or $7 an hour and screw the rest?

Illegals are just not pickin your vegetables and fruit or digging your ditches. They are building your houses, building your high-rise apartments, working on your roads, building your bridges, etc. These are high paying construction jobs that Americans are having to compete with cheap labor.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You haven't answered any of the questions I asked pertaining to the actual topic of this thread, which was this specific law.

But that is fine. Why don't illegals have driver's licenses? Because they aren't allowed to get them.

Why are they here? Because there is a demand for their labor and someone employs them. You keep pushing the worst elements of the undocumented population here in the states as a general reason to get rid of them while ignoring why they are here. You also ignore that the vast majority of the negative repercussions from their being here are either also perpetrated on a large-scale by certain elements of our population and economy as well or directly related to us passing laws/rules that create the negative repercussion.

In short, they speak funny, look different, and don't have a lot of money so we blame them. They aren't locusts, though. They're human beings, even the criminal ones. They are responding to circumstances and stimuli in an effort to improve their condition.

Why don't we quit crying about being wet and step out of the rain?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the thing, an American working at $15 an hour is going to [itch bay] about pay. An immigrant worker will work for $15 an hour and break their backs for you.

17. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

The simple fact is my heart doesnt bleed as much for them as you do. We have our own issues employing our own people without adding to it.

My solution would be to get rid of welfare and eventually the lazy asses that are on welfare will either work or starve. Then the demand for their cheap labor will fade away.

Regardless, I dont see why you have such a problem with making them become legal citizens. Its not like we are asking much of them. Afterall, they are in OUR country.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Agreed, I think if you take away the ability for some people to sit on their rears and collect a check, they would be forced to work these lower paying jobs. Right now, many people would earn more in jobless benefits over working in a chicken plant.....there is something tremendously wrong with that imo. The HB56 enables the State to check ID for immigration status under certain conditions, prohibit sanctuary cities, require verification of eligibility for public benefits, and create a process to investigate whether businesses have hired illegal immigrants. It will be mandatory for all employers to use E-Verify to check the employment eligibility of workers. The big arguement that I hear about it is that is will hinder legal immigrant children from attending public schools because their ILLEGAL parents dont want to run the risk of being identified by authorities, this is how I am understanding it. Im all for immigration as long as people use the proper channels to do it and become tax payers, outside of that, I dont want you here and I really dont care if it hurts your feelings.

19. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

I had a nephew in construction. He was a general contractor. He got hit pretty hard by the housing crisis. On top of that, he couldnt survive when contractors employing illegals could undercut contract costs because their labor costs were cheaper.

He lost his business and had to lay-off 8 other guys.

Its happening everywhere

Arrival of aliens ousts U.S. workers - Washington Times

The liberal media was driving this point home hard when Bush was in office.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  20. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

My feelings as well