#FireColbert

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, May 7, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Non story, IMO.

The homophobia angle is laughable.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He is a Jackass. Found his niche pandering to the Lefties in a vulgar way. Not the first and won't be the last.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  4. GahLee

Would it be a non-story if it were Tucker Carlson instead of Stephen Colbert and Barack Obama instead of Donald Trump?

5. GahLee

I'm struck by the hypocrisy.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The hypocrisy is amazing to me as well, but not in the same way you see it. I find it incredibly hypocritical to get upset over this comment, but not the North Carolina bathroom law, for example.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I definitely don't think the homophobia argument would hold any water. I'm sure some people would complain, though.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's a [itch bay]. Same as the ones who ripped Obama. I'm old school. I don't care who is the POTUS, that office deserves respect. Always will.

As for Colbert, how anyone could sit and listen to him longer than 2 minutes must be a glutton for punishment.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This doesn't surprise me at all from someone who loves to label the opposition 'bigot' while spouting homophobic and mysoginistic slurs himself. As long as you are down with the struggle, you can be as vile and hypocritical as you wish, right?

11. cpninja

cpninja Member

Bunch of damn crybabies

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

BS; you would hear cries of racism, disrespecting the office, etc.

13. NorrisAlan

I was only speaking for me.

14. GahLee

Really? I don't think he would keep his job.

15. GahLee

That's where I am. I didn't like Obama but I wouldn't want anyone saying that about him on national tv.

16. GahLee

I don't think the homophobia angle holds water period. It's the nature of the monologue and it's reception that I'm baffled by. I've got a pretty good idea of how it would have went down if it had been a right wing persona attacking Obama or Clinton.

17. GahLee

What if it were Clinton?

18. NorrisAlan

What about her? Are you asking me if it would be a non-story for me if it was Clinton who won and some Right comedian was saying things about her? Yeah, it would be a total non-story. For me. It comes with the job.

I don't know why you asked me about Clinton, however, and I want to stress again that I didn't vote for her or Trump.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm with you, Norris. It was a crude joke, certainly, but the reaction is a bit overboard - just as it would be were it at someone else's expense.

20. GahLee

How would the right wing persona be treated if they said the same thing about Hilary is the question. I don't care who you voted for. That's your business. I understand that it's a non-story either way for you, what would be the public's reaction?