Florida game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 19, 2021.

1. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Do florida fans even give a shit bout this game anymore?

If it were an 11am game there might no be mucch home field advantage.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I believe that they will care a whole lot at 7:30pm Saturday

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Did we actually hire a good defensive coordinator? I was pissed at the time.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The defensive staff seems to be working very well together. Everyone on that side of the ball seems to be cut from the same cloth.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's done fairly well

lylsmorr likes this.
  6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'd still not be convinced we'd win.

I don't hate this team like I have others in the past. They play with effort. They get guys to the ball on defense. Special teams finally look pretty good. I just don't think we have the Jimmies & Joes or depth to compete at that level yet.

As for Milton, I don't think he could go 14-14 with 3 TDs & 0 INTs playing Super Techmo Bowl much less facing Florida in The Swamp.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Definitely some quality assistants there

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They all get along, which is something we haven't really had since...maybe Wilcox? Even O and Lance Thompson fought a few times under Kiffin

Memtownvol, Lexvol and lylsmorr like this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Jean-Mary, Garner, Martinez, Ekeler and Banks all seem like pros. And very good position coaches.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ekeler is crazy...in a good way

TDVol1989 likes this.
  11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Listening to the Bama fans on PF yesterday was hilarious. I would love for Bama to have to recruit over Bryce Young just to watch the NIL deals fall apart.

They had a 2nd quarter lull similar to UTs.

JayVols and justingroves like this.
  12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Also…some sour grapes but Henry T still looks like a tweener in the SEC. He cannot shed blocks and his open field tackling is average. He would have been much better off staying in the PAC 12.

JayVols, SetVol13, dknash and 2 others like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They had it against Miami too. Saban went on a rant about "losing the 2nd half" the following Monday

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  14. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

We hired the best active d line coach left in the biz, and that is helping a lot right now. My only complaint with Banks so far….and complaint is a harsh word…was that he could have been a little more aggressive against Pitt. Felt like we were too concerned with giving up the home run.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Agree. I complained a little about his play last year. Felt like he was getting overhyped versus what was actually happening on the field. He is smart and can make some plays but I don't see any more plays than what most lbs do. Henry was making mistakes in the run game, getting stuck on blocks 5 yards from the los, and a reason why slants were always open in the passing game. Just so happens he's a leader on a bama defense to give up the most rushing yards in no telling how long.

Lexvol likes this.
  16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He either lacks aggressiveness or has poor eyesight because he's always a half-step behind the ballcarrier in reaching hitting position. I wouldn't trade Jeremy Banks for three Henry Ts.

Lexvol likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not worth a new thread, but Debord had a massive stroke and brain bleed.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope he recovers. Interesting how he parlayed Butch Jones of all people into a new second career.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I made fun of him while he was here, but I wish the best for him. I hope he recovers as best as he can.

TDVol1989, JayVols and Lexvol like this.
  20. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Yep…Moose wasn’t the whole problem.