Here's How A Real Coach Handles Adversity.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Dec 2, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Here's an excerpt from a press conference after a coach going through a tough rebuild at a storied program just lost a game to a team his school almost never loses to.

Reporter: What's the problem?

Coach: Blocking, tackling, and holding on to the ball. And that's coaching. That's me.

Contrast that with Doodles' comments after the Kentucky game and tell me which guy you'd rather play for.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Saban? Majors? Don't say Kiffin.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Rich Rod

4. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

if i'm not mistaken, i believe Dooley did say it started from the top down starting with coaching. this was after the kentucky game

5. hatvol96

Was that before or after he went on his rant about Bray being "lethargic" and answered a question about why the coaches stupidly decided to go to the Wildcat when they had gotten into the red zone with the conventional offense by ripping Raijon Neal?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Probably after

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

not sure, didn't see your rant, just saw what he said in the post game presser

8. hatvol96

That's the piece of shit's M of O. Bury any hint of his own responsibility under an avalanche of criticism of others.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That team has a 'the buck stops here' MAN as a coach. We have a 'wasn't my fault' momma's BOY as a coach. Unfortunately, we have no one with the stones to do anything to remedy that problem.

10. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

So who was it and what game?

11. hatvol96

Rich Rod after Michigan lost to Purdue in 2008.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's it in a nutshell.

13. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Hmmmmmm....if it smells like crap.....then it probably is. What I saw in the KY game was a lot of half assing on offense. The offense was offensive and we lost to the worst KY team in the past 40 years.

14. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Thank you sir.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

So what was his reasoning for going to the wildcat? I assume it's because of Bray's thumb, and not wanting to put him directly under center. My curiosity was, if you want to pound it, and can't put Bray under center, why not just send Worley in to take that snap and hand it off. It's Kentucky....line it up and run it down their throat. You don't need Bray to do that.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't like Worley couldn't check down to an easy read pass if they were absolutely stacking the box, anyway.

17. hatvol96

He never answered the question. He was too busy whining about Neal not being aggressive enough in chasing down the fumble to explain why the [uck fay] he was taking the snap in the first place.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

What bothers me is that any fool could get 8 wins with this team next year and when Dooley does, he'll get another year. I hope Hart has something up his sleeve or I will lose faith in him too. Maybe it's too much to expect a Bob Stoops to come to UT but I see no reason why he couldn't have hired Sumlin or Strong at this point. The more I think about Dooley, the more it pisses me off now and I gave the guy a chance at first. All I see now is all of the excuse making and "it's someone else's fault" coming from him.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Mike Hamilton must have been one gullible son of a [itch bay]. He hired every snake oil salesman he interviewed. I'm not even sure if I should credit Hamilton for the Dooley hire or Will Muschamp.

20. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Hamilton did understand recruiting is a necessary A skill for our HC...Dooley is an ace recruiter as much as he sucks that is an A game for him even in the SEC...we really must let him complete this class...it seems he has the recruits eating out of his hand...I can see Strong here but Sumlin IDK...Justin can he recruit like Dooley? If not he would not fit here. I am not saying I don't think Sumlin can recruit I have no clue...