High Expectations for 2012

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think the OL is better than we are watching. (I hope anyway)

The STs is another story. Its not good, Im not sure why. And Im not sure when it gets fixed.

Both issues are holding us back and will continue to if we don't get em fixed.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Spurrier isn't doing Marcus any favors by running him 30 times a game. He is a very good/great back but all those carries add up.

3. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

agreed....plus he carried the ball 30 times a game in high school for four years..I am sure this will being to wear on him..and may shorten his NFL career

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Agree. We'll be better in 2012 no doubt, but youth on the DL, LB, questions at RB and continued issues with ST and a very small Senior class may hold us back. 2013 we'll have a more mature team across the roster with a solid number in the Jr and Snr classes. The Jrs and Snr will have had 3-4 yrs in system. 2013 schedule is tough, but we should see what kind of team Dooley can put together. If that team can compete through a tough schedule then I'd say Dooley is a keeper for a few more years.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I would not be surprised at all if UT loses some key players after 2012.

I'm not worried about the lack of seniors next year. The players will have plenty of experience.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Does anyone think that if we don't win atleast 8 games that Dooley should be on the hot seat? Its seems there should be no excuses next year.

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

It would be Mark Richt hot

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I wouldn't want him back if Tennessee went 8-4 next year, to be honest. I think failing to win 8 should be grounds for termination.

9. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

1000 times better than anyone else could do at this point on the roster

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You would have Bray and all the other guys going into their senior year with a new coach. Would be a complete waste.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree.

If Dooley and company shit the bed with a 6 win season in 2012, I do think he'll be in hot water. I doubt that happens though.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If he goes 7-5 in 2012, I'm not sure why we would have high expectations for him in 2013. Seems to me like it would be a waste of their senior year more than anything.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I also don't think things will be that bad. I think Tennessee will go 9-3 or better in 2012.

14. chavisut

It's sad that the thought of 9-3 excites me.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

In the 90s it seemed so easy to win 9, like anyone could do it. With the new and improved SEC, and Tenn generally playing one good non-conference opponent, nine wins any year is quite an achievement.

16. chavisut

vegasvol?

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think it could be better. The biggest question to me is coaching.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What is sad is that I can't feel strongly about 9-3 in 2012. The West is just so dominant, our struggles against Florida over the last decade+ are too well ingrained and conference realignment has the "potential" to push Auburn into the East, or at the very least, add another conference game if we make it to 14 by the 2012 season.

I can be optimistic if we keep all of our losses close, and make it to the end of the year without being seriously banged up. Traditionally, I think a touchdown or so is a "close" loss, but two turnovers in a 10pt loss to Florida is still pretty "close."

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ok. Explain it to me. I apparently committed a faux pas.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I think 8 wins are the floor next year barring some horrific injury bug, 9 wins very doable and 10 wins doable but will required significant development of the o-line, d-line, LBs and a decent RB. I think those are all very possible.