If a change is needed my #1 target is Tubberville

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lakindofguy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

1. He's already proven he can recruit and win in this league, even at Ole Miss.
    2. He got kicked out of Auburn for one bad season because he tried to change to what other people do. He's already learned that he can't change his approach and be an SEC winning coach.
    3. We could get him easy
    4. Other candidates such as Strong have not yet proven themselves. Even Gruden hasn't ever coached college but if we can get him I'm fine with that too.
    5. He looks like Doug Dickeys twin brother

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Eh. I don't hate him, but I feel like his career is winding down. There are guys I like a lot better at this point.

3. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

I'd say he's got 8-10 years left in him. This guys coach a pretty long time. Spurrier is 67 and he looks like he could go a while longer.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

wait what?

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Big upgrade over Dooley.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think he would keep us respectable, but he wouldn't be able to repeat 2004 in today's SEC. He would be an upgrade, but wouldn't bring championships.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

16 years and he had two double digit win seasons.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Sign him up!

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

While we certainly could do worse, and in fact are doing far worse, I think Tubbs is best suited in a maverick program in the middle of the Texas desert.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The same could be said for the dump I took 15 minutes ago. It at least showed a little resilience in refusing to go down without a second flush.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I enjoyed when Tubberville beat Bama, Florida and LSU. But he always seemed to follow it up by losing to an unranked South Carolina team.

There are about three other head coaches from the state of Texas I'd hire ahead of him though.

Make it four if I can include Coach Taylor.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Taylor is in Philly silly

13. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

I liked the job Tom Cable was doing with the Oakland Raiders before he was wrongfully fired. He increased his win total every year and barely missed playoffs in his last year. If we can't get Gruden and you all don't want Tubberville. How about Tom Cable? If not some other NFL coach that has been fired maybe Todd Haley. Look at the job Jim Mora Jr is doing at UCLA. There has been other NFL coaches go to college and do well also. Norv Turner will get fired at the end of the year by the Chargers. No way I'd want the Titans coach. I don't even know how he got the job.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It was a dream. Don't believe it.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

As long as all assistants have good dental insurance.

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The Jim Mora, Jr. who spent Saturday getting clowned by a coach that should have been fired two years ago? Yeah, he's really doing a great job.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see how the Chiefs go about firing a coach they don't employ.

18. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

Sorry I meant the Chargers. I'll edit it.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

F*** Norv Turner. He is quite possibly the biggest [Penis] I have ever met in person.

20. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

Really? What'd he say?