I'm Just Not Seeing The Basis For All The 8 and 9 Win Talk.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Aug 15, 2011.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure that losing Jackson decreases the win total, but it might keep it from increasing, if that makes sense. Just depends on how some guys step up or not. Seems like certain games we're underdogs with him anyway, maybe he makes a play or 2 to help us win or maybe not, and probably the ones we think are wins are wins without him anyway, I dunno.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Losing him now is better than losing him within the season. I don't think it changes as much as we thought it would 1 month ago.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don't think he's had great reviews this fall.

Negative on the JJ question too.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Who? Brantley or Bray?

And I should clarify. I'm not saying Brantley will put put up the numbers Quinn did, but I would think he'll at least show improvement.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Maybe. I was giving us 7-5 and counting on us beating somebody who is better than us. Losing our playmaker on defense makes beating somebody that is better than us less likely.

6. chavisut

Brantley. 9/10 TD to Int ratio might not be that hard to improve on. Still doubt he's any good. Brady Quinn was also coming off a better year than Brantley.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I hope you're right. I just think this offense could be an all around better fit for him.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

everything i've read from camp indicates to me brantley's going to be pretty lousy. he has a good arm. not sure exactly what the problem is.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

What evidence do you have -- from his time at college, to be clear -- that Brantley is something other than a bad QB?

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The problem is he isn't any good at football (See: Crompton, Jonathan).

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Nothing. I don't expect a Heisman caliber season or anything. I really just expect he'll do better with a Weis style offense than an Addazio style offense.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It's such a drastic transition; I think there will be growing pains. Brady Quinn was a fair quarterback; however, Brantley has never even show to be anything but mediocre to bad.

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Not to say I think Brantley will blow up this season, but what was Quinn before Weis arrived at Notre Dame? Better than Brantley now, I believe, but he certainly improved.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I always thought Quinn was decent before Weiss. Brantley has sucked complete ass.

15. chavisut

Quinn was better and younger. Quinn's only awful season was as a true freshman with Tyrone Willingham as his head coach.

16. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

I think Brantley will have a Crompton-like senior year. The two's situations are pretty similar the way I see it.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

And to be fair, I'm pretty sure he didn't have a lot of help. He may have broken a record for the number of times he was sacked.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Improvement of the offense from 2004 to 2005 was pretty impressive. Just watch our two games against them over that time. Then consider our 2005 defense was a good bit better than the 2004 edition.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Let's hope so. If that's the case, he'll throw for around 70 yards against us with a couple picks, and then he'll start picking it up the back end of the schedule.

20. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Jesus, I didn't realize he was already a Senior. Forget I said anything here.