IndyCar Racing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Oct 10, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I didn't know that was at Terre Haute. What turn?

I do know that his inability to stay out of a sprint car, and his subsequent wreck from which he never fully recovered, was the reason for losing his job with Penske.

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

In the middle of 1&2. My recollection is it was during practice, or could have been a heat race. I do remember it was early in the program.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Belle Isle today at 3:30. Dixon beat out Power for the pole by .0044.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Dixon dominated a cluster[uck fay] of a race. Ginassi cars finished 1st and 2nd again this week.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Just hoping for a safe race this weekend at Texas. After seeing Conway be inches away from a Wheldon situation at Indy you just never know. I'm almost beginning to believe Indycars should run at road/street courses mostly, Indy of course, and maybe throw in Milwaukee, New Hampshire, Iowa, and another short to mile track for ovals and be done with it. Not worth killing guys over. I prefer the road racing anyway.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Absolutely awesome race last night. Exactly what the drivers wanted and what a show they put on.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Definitely enjoyed it. Sucked for Rahal. Thoughts on the Power/Kanaan incident?

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Power blocked him.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Sorry I missed it, we were recording our next CD.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Dixon and Rahal hitting the wall shocked me. Especially Dixon. That guy NEVER hits the wall. I don't even remember the last time he wrecked. And Dario was a non factor from the first lap.

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Indycar now NOT going to China in August. To fulfill their contractual obligations they have to replace that race on the schedule. Early rumblings that Road America, Laguna Seca, a second race at Texas, or Pocono will all be in the running.

I so hope with these new cars they go back to Pocono - that track was custom made for Indycars. Now with the track smooth as silk that would be a pretty killer Indycar race. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Road America or Laguna Seca either though - the corkscrew is breathtaking at Laguna.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I was so glad to hear that news today. They have no business in China and ratings would be terrible.

Pocono would be fantastic. That track was originally built for IndyCar, it just got to be too dangerous. Luckily it's too late to plan a street race. Road America or Laguna Seca would be fine, but I want another oval.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Funny, most on here diss Pocono to the fullest. I would like to see them return there too, but it is still a dangerous layout for IndyCars. I saw the inaugural IndyCar race there in '71 when Mark Donahue won. It was the third rung of the USAC Triple Crown along with the California 500 and Indy. It also saw Donahue win his first Indy 500. Pocono is a race better seen on TV as you cannot really see the Tunnel Turn or the two short straights. I raced a kart there on one of the infield/oval road courses. There are three separate courses that any two adjoining can be combined. They have actually had two separate club events going on at the same time.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pocono as a stock car track is awful. As an IndyCar track it's awesome. Kinda like IMS.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Another fantastic race last night. It infuriates me to no [uck fay]ing end that they won't put more ovals in the schedule.

Bernard said last night that Road America and Michigan both want the extra race but it's a possibility that they'll just stay with 15 which is bullshit. Get Michigan on the schedule.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Couldn't believe it was ever dropped in the first place.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Gonna stay at 15, but making the race at Fontana 500 miles. I've read a couple of different places that there are rumblings that Fontana could remain a 500 mile race and that starting next year they could add a third 500 mile race, possibly Pocono, to bring back the triple crown.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

After the win today, RHR put himself in great position for a championship heading to Fontana. He has ran much better on ovals than Power this year. I'm hoping he can pull it off.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Munoz had the fastest lap time yesterday and so far today. I haven't done much at work today other than watching the live stream on indycar.com.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've been busy at work. I may check it out tomorrow.

Interesting, this thread.