Justin Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Brinkley52, Sep 21, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Just curious, who does South Carolina lose after this year?

2. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

100 percent agree...and they have begun to do an OK job at that....Garcia was a high 4 star heavily recruited by Florida (he is from Florida)..Ace Sanders is an out of state guy, so is Ingram and Devin Taylor..so they do have some out of state studs...but I agree that SCAR is not going to be a top 3-4 team in this conference yearly..but they are set-up to do it again this year and at least next....(Lattimore returns, most of the Oline, most of the D)...we only lose Garcia, Jeffrey (I am sure he will leave), Taylor and Ingram...all big names...but with Lattimore, the line, and the D being a year older...I think we stand a strong chance next year as well

So theoretically I ask...if SCAR can win 3 straight SEC East...does that make them a conference power??

and on another note..could this be moved to another subject...maybe "South Carolina" future
    I hate that we hijacked this thread on Worley..my apologies

3. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Garcia, probably Alshon Jeffery, probably Stephon Gilmore, some o-linemen, Melvin Ingram, Travian Robertson. Next year should be rough.

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

That's a good question. Considering the only teams to win at least three division titles in a row are Florida and 'Bama in the early 90's it's a real long shot. No team has done since Florida from '92-'96.

5. Brinkley52

Garcia
    Ingram

and Devin Taylor, Alshon Jeffrey, and Stephon Gilmore are all draft eligble
    I would imagine that Jeffrey as gone since many draft gurus have him as a top 5 pick...Taylor and Gilmore I think stay for their senior seasons

so of our big players: Garcia, Jeffrey, and Ingram...Jeffrey will be the biggest loss....Garcia almost lost his starting job this year...so that won't be huge...and Ingram..we have Clowney who will have a year of experience so he should do a good job there

6. Brinkley52

I disagree...I think SCAR will be in pretty good shape as long as Lattimore is around...they will have a shot in every game

7. Brinkley52

I think SCAR ends up 10-2
    WINS: ECU, UGA, Navy, Vandy, Auburn, Kentucky, Miss St, Florida, Citadel, Clemson
    Toss-ups: Arkansas and Tennessee
    SEC Champ Game against LSU
    Captial One Bowl berth

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's it? I was sure you were starting more than two seniors.

9. Brinkley52

I don't see a sure loss on the schedule...that is a huge change from years past....South Carolina will be favored in nearly/every game this year...

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No they don't. Garcia blows and the D isn't very good. UF will be favored. Arky will be heavily favored.

11. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Man, 10-2 this year, three peat of SECE, losing your QB and top 5 pick at WR and you just reload.

12. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I think we need a new secondary coach.

13. Brinkley52

I didnt say they would 3 peat for SEC-East..I asked a theoretical question...I think SCAR will have a very difficult time winning this year..let alone next year..
    and YES..SCAR does have other seniors..I was merely stating the players that play an integral role....

on offense, considering Jeffrey leaves...we lose 4 seniors
    on defense...we lose 4 seniors...
    we return our kicker and punter
    so we will have back 17 of the 24 starters..not too shabby...although Ingram and Jeffrey are huge shoes to fill...

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think South Carolina wins the east this year, but don't see any way they do so next year. They're more likely to finish 4th in the east than 1st in the east in 2012.

15. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Agreed. UT should take it next year.

16. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Edit: Not sure if we win the east this year or not. Stephen Garcia couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

How is Florida a win and UT a toss-up?

I understand home field advantage, but this doesn't make any sense to me.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hear he hits the bottle with pinpoint accuracy, though.

Side note: the 'couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle' is a favorite saying of mine. Are you from NETN? Seems like I remember that from TOOS.

19. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I would want him on my beer pong team.

Yes sir, I am, but I got that saying from my father.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Definitely all-American beer pong potential.

I'm a NETN boy myself. Live just west of Kingsport.