Kahlil McKenzie

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[​IMG]

Seriously, can someone tell me where this kid is?

Or why I only see him in the 4th Quarter, for a few snaps at a time?

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Same ol' "not ready", "not in college playing shape" spiel

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And on the play he was in on Saturday, he stood the middle up and we got an interception out of it, if I remember correctly.

4. Tenacious D

How ready do you need to be to play DL?

He looked ready in those Vines.

He passes the eye test.

Ask Coleman Thomas if he seems ready.

5. Tenacious D

Yes.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I watched him on the plays he was in, and he was basically walking a double team back towards the QB.

He's not in 100% shape, save him for the 4th quarter the wreak havoc being 100% fresh? OK, I can buy that.

Then he was on the field for 5-7 plays not to be heard from again.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea God forbid on 4th and Goal at the one in OT we use a fresh Kahlil against a gassed Oline. Surely there is at least a spot for him on the field in a damn goal line package.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Stripling sucks ass.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Kirkland, Phillips, Sapp wondering same

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The lack of McKenzie will be something we look back on for decades and never understand. He's special, and our staff is just "special."

Not in shape? Gee, I'm sure him getting into shape with game time would just be awful. Let him just get in shape with practice reps.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Failure to rotate KMac and Tuttle out more as our defense was in the process of spending 75% of the last 40 minutes on the field is now a main exhibit in the "our staff sucks" argument.

These guys are completely lost at game time. Preparation is a snappy leadership quote every day and a pudding cup.

go away.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And he's the best coach on staff

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still think the MLB situation is a bigger issue. Jumper was one of the main reasons we lost that game.

If KMactruck recently had a head injury and is out of shape, I don't mind Butch hesitating to give him significant reps for now. If he isn't seeing significant playing time in a week or two, I'll be pissed

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

in a situation where we were gassing ourselves with inept offensive play? GTHO. He needed to be rolling through front 7 guys.

15. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

May I have permission to use that picture?

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Meh. If he's as good as we think, I'm okay with not risking further injury for an out of conference game. Only if that's the line of thought though. If he's fine, **** Butch, why wasn't he in?

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

risking injury? He was in the game.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly.

We shouldn't see him til UF if that is the case.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch claims he's a little out of shape and he's had an "injury". That "injury" has went from concussion to shoulder back to concussion.

I don't know why he's not playing and playing a lot. He made two tackles in limited snaps

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5-7 plays vs 40 or more. We had a lineman injured in our scrimmage this year, so we sat him week one and played him in a couple quarters in the JV game to help slowly reintroduce him into the rotation. Like I said, if this is what they're doing, I'm okay with it. And if that's the case, he should be playing a lot more this week and next.