Mac McClung Transfer

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, May 13, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just finished sophomore season at Georgetown, averaging 15ppg, withdrew from NBA draft and is looking to transfer.

Hometown is 1.5 hours from Knoxville. Supposedly looking at Vols.

He looks decent at basketball.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

used to watch this kid in HS. Do yourself a favor and watch his HS highlights.
    Not sure hes what we need. He needs to go somewhere and be the man. Love his attitude on the court though.

4. Ssmiff

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I watched him at Georgetown. Chucked up a lot of shots and was sort of indifferent on defense. Plus, I think the issue he had at Georgetown was his minutes. With our depth next year, he may not fit in too well with this attitude. We'll see. His sister played soccer here, but, apparently, there were issues and her family left not on good terms with the UT AD.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I don’t think he’s coming to UT. We don’t even have a scholarship for him unless Pons stays in the draft or someone else transfers. And there wouldn’t be many minutes available to him with all the backcourt talent we already have.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Meh.

I'd be excited about him if we didn't have a bunch of 5* guards coming in who need to accrue experience quickly so that they're ready for a late season run.

justingroves likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Headed to Lubbock.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Thank god this kid didn’t go to Auburn. Would’ve probably put up 30 on us.

Sounds like LSU is about to add a 5 star, Cisse, who just reclassified to 2020. They definitely restocked. That’s like 9 new guys coming in. 2 5 stars, 2 high 4 stars and some big transfers.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Cisse not going to Memphis is a big sign that Penny's clout is falling, IMO.

They brought him from NY and placed him in Memphis for high school.

justingroves likes this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

I thought LSU had hired a family member or something to land him. Penny definitely striking out on the transfer market and missed out on Green.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So, so sad.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not sad to lose McClung. I watched him at Georgetown. Decent player, but a volume shooter and super lackadaisical on defense. I'm quite fine with whom we have on the perimeter now.

14. Ssmiff

the machine keeps going. That program has become untouchable. Blatant on tape cheating by an annoying waterboy as a coach and they keep bringing them in.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

Mcclung with the game winner against Texas last night. He’s having a good season.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

Lol. LSU up 7 with a minute and lost. Mcclung with 2 3’s and the steal leading to a 2 to put them ahead in this game.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

18. KyleAlexanderfan

19. Ssmiff

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We seem to have minutes to give this coming season.