Miss St.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This is not really a score prediction thread (you can pitch em out there if you like), but what are the thoughts on the game.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We are going to give up at least 30 points to any SEC team not named Ky. But I could see us scoring 40 if Bray and Chaney keep their heads. I would say Miss St. and UGA are comparable defensively. I'd give us a 1/3 chance of winning.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we have a puncher's chance. Can't turn the ball over, though. Can't be giving up multiple 50 yard + runs either.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Winnable. But I'm not sold we win.

I think Dooley will have to play aggressive and take risks, but I'm not sure he will.

5. Beechervol

Exactly. What are they gonna do? Fire him?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Considering their schedule, their offense looks pretty terrible.

7. Beechervol

I thought he should have gone for it on 4th and 5 in the UGA game and mixed an onside kick in there somewhere. Unless the objective was a moral V.

8. Beechervol

In other words if we can get 40 we should win.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think we win this un

10. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I would think we stand a better chance of winning MSU than before the GA game.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Blowout loss

12. The Sabanocchio

The Sabanocchio The real OCI

How could you possibly think Mississippi State is a blowout loss. Your opinion of the MSU program in the past is well-documented, Groves.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mullen spreads the field and attacks the edges while keeping pressure on Bray and stuffing the rungame.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mullen>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dooley and it's in Starkville

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It isn't really about what we think Miss. State is, it is more about what we think UT is, right now. Apathy is high.

16. Beechervol

I think if the game is one sided its probably in MSUs favor being at home.

I see it being closer tho.

17. The Sabanocchio

We out-talent them everywhere but the secondary. I think it's a close game but I think we win.

18. The Sabanocchio

I get the apathy. I was there prior to the UGA game. I think we proved we can hang with anyone on offense. Good secondaries don't scare me. We have work to do on defense but I think the bye week will help that.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think we are a much better team than MSU. They haven't beaten anyone.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Who is Leopold?

I agree with him fwiw. This seems to have all the hallmarks of a coaching staff and roster with their backs against the wall, and the Vols have a lot of weapons on offense and seem to be able to score without going vertical every down. For this game -- and this game only -- I like the Vols by two scores. Will be interested to see how Vegas sees it.

I'd also like to come to Knoxville for Bama in a good mood and trying to convince myself how the Vols can upset the Tide. We can't, but I'd like to convince myself of the possibility. Keeps me goin' throughout the week.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UT hasn't beaten anyone either, fwiw